bossy friend/neighbour

darkmoon

when you're ill, she's a dear, but she is very dominant, i do not think she has the right to vociferously correct me in my home about my opinions, or tell me what to wear unasked, she won't give me her phone number a real friend would want to bond

she once locked me in her flat to stop me leaving over other trivia that she wanted to instruct me in, i only revived the friendship cuz we have mutual friend who is in jail for a while and she's been my liason

i know my neighbour can only be seen as an aquaintance, which is my advice to people in my position on loveshack, who are in a corrosive friendship, she is just not easy company

any thoughts?

i intend to not answer my door, which is normal for me, unless i'm expecting somebody

Edited by darkmoon

First thought; WTF is she talking about?!

You were sick and your bossy/neighbor judged you. Then she locked you in her flat for Trivia. Anddddd you're both in contact with the same dude in jail.

Second thought; Don't let any of the guys here know that some dude in prison has two women- They'll flip schit.

Edited by Hawaii50

She corrects you about your opinions? Oh god I used to have one of those "friends" or whatever you want to call them. He also would try and explain to me how I felt.

I agree just don't answer your door. Or if you can't avoid it, just tell you're busy so sorry, she can't come in. Don't let her in and don't go inside her house again. I would keep all interactions outside, that way it's easy to get away from her.

I'll chime in, too........

Anyone who doesn't respect your right to your own thoughts, feelings , and opinions, is NOT your friend.

(I've weeded a few of those out of my garden, too.)

The types that have that attitude of, "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you..........":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Puh-leeeze.

• Author

i would stop letting her in but she will shout up at my window, i am dreading it, you'd think she'd see we argue and see we shouldn't be in touch

i keep thinking her gut must be telling her something but it's not the case or she's not listening to it, i will tell her i am in a new chapter and want to be left alone, i can't tell her the truth, though i think she needs telling she would just be the same bossy woman she wouldn't see a favor

i think she's lonely, she'd hard work

Edited by darkmoon
  • Author

i just sent her a note, she needs to know, but i asked to keep away, she has scars, i told her it's not the scars that keep men away, it's her hectoring tone, she's an awful guest, now she knows, better for me this way