Friend keeps lying to me

BklynGuy

My first good friend & I met at 13. Stopped talking at 22 for 7 years. We had some problems regarding money & girls. We started talking again in 2009. He's having no trouble during this recession as he has a very good job.

First he tells me he's gonna get me a job with his company then backs out. Figure he may not want to hire me for his own reasons. Says he's gonna hook me up with a girl he knows, then tells me he just slept with her. Then I ask if he can give me a reference & he says sure, then doesn't lift a finger.

It's like he is toying with me on purpose. He has a little evil streak in him, always did. We're both in our mid 30's now so why is he doing this? It doesn't make sense to me. He's told me in conversation he hates me because I stopped talking to him all those years ago. I just don't understand.

dont waste your time. the truth is he probably does want to help you but is threatened at the thought you may succeed. He sees your potential but is too competitve and selfish to follow through. jeep your distance ..he will ALWAYS let you down. go get the things you want and stop oversharing your life situation. If things look up he might turn evil on you. watch urself.

Why you rely on your friend? When you start rely, then you loose to handle things in your way.

Just go ahead with your strenghths and get job, then u can get other things

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

We used to always work on the same jobs in the past. Really look out for each other like brothers. It's just the recession has been very difficult & I thought he could help me. Currently unemployed, difficult to find anything other than minimum wage...I hate that.

I'm guessing he's moved on from what we had. He's still the best friend I've ever had. It's very hard to trust ppl out there.

This is tricky. IMHO, sometimes, for the reason of being too close, one may not like to introduce friend to the company where they work.

In the past, I was offered by a friend to work in his company. I quit my highly paid job. Thinking it will be smooth sailing working with a so-called good friend side by side but the relationship turned sour due to various incidents. Now, I will not work in a friend's company. Rather not to lose a friend than to bag the job.

After that, I've gone through my darkest moment in life trying to find a suitable job. It was for the next 2 years, I could not find a full time job. I live by doing contract work and short term projects.

So working with a friend may has its own set of issues.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

• Author

I definitely understand this. I've had problems even meeting & making close friends with ppl on the job. It's something I no longer practice. Truth is I just need an opportunity @ the moment. If I was in something I wouldn't even bother asking.

I definitely understand this. I've had problems even meeting & making close friends with ppl on the job. It's something I no longer practice. Truth is I just need an opportunity @ the moment. If I was in something I wouldn't even bother asking.

I know exactly how you feel since I've gone through almost what you're facing now.

Don't lose hope, your opportunity will come and I wish you all the best and good luck in securing a job. I'm sure the rest of us here will give you the moral support needed.

When the going gets tough the touch gets going :cool:.

Regards,