Lonely and Friendless in my city :(

shoesies05

Hey there!

So I am pretty frustrated right now with the fact that I pretty much only have guy friends and that is how it has been for a while. I just moved out to SF over a year ago and the only people that ever want to chill are guys and then they end up hitting on me so then there goes the friendship...so really, I have very few friends because most of the guys I know end u wanting more and then it causes tension between us because I am not interested in them.

I don't get it :( Back home I had some girlfriends, but to be honest so many of them were flaky or so caught up in their relationships that they only hung out with their other half.

I am 25, in school, enjoy a wide variety of hobbies, and am a total sweetheart so I just don't understand why girls avoid me like the plague.

From your experience do you have any advice for making more girl friends? Or have any idea why this may be occuring?

I go out on meetup and try to meet people- so I am putting myself out there. I do want to note that I don't want just anyone as a friend either though, I want people I can respect as my friends... and I feel like so many people are just so willing to make fun of others and act llike they are the **** and this doesn't attract me as their friend- so this probably is one set back in finding friends FYI.

please- advice would be very much appreciated!

I've had the same problem my entire life. But for me it's all about compatibility. I have no interest in what a lot of the women my age have interest in. I find a lot of women fulfill a stereotype of being catty, gossipy and jealous of another woman. This turns me off completely. I guess in my case, I get along much better with guys and I've always had guy friends. I only have one girl friend and she lives in Europe, we're just pen pals. I personally could care less, is there a reason why you feel the need to have a girl friend? I always say if you want something, you have to look for it. Maybe you're looking for friends in the wrongs places?

• Author

I want girlfriends because as much as i love football and sporty things I sometimes just want to be a woman that loves chick flicks, shopping, and talking about more feminine matters with other women.

Also- I am sick of having guys friends just hang out with me to hit on me later... and then losing them as friends because it gets awkward when I don't feel the same way for them.

haha- plus my roommate ( that is a guy) says I need more girlfriends cuz I talk to him too much about "chick stuff"

I too do not find any sort of pleasure in gossiping ( at least in negative ways) about others or being catty... I know this has definitely narrowed down the possibilities of friends that are women.

See, I'm different, I hate all that "chick" stuff, lol...that's a tough one then...I have no clue. I did meet a nice girl at an art class once. I was taking oil painting, and we sat next to each other. She was very nice and genuine. We lost touch ages ago when I moved away, but maybe taking an interest class is a good idea?

I'm basically in the same boat but I'm male. Guys can have the same problems. I've had problems with guy friends and it's always over girls. I have 1 guy friend & 2 female friends. I've had awkward situations with girls where they come onto me also. I solved this by picking female friends that I have no attraction to & they couldn't make me react physically so there can never be any problems with them.