Cut everyone off after she got had a kid and got engaged

Sugarkane

We used to have a friend in my friendship group. I went to high school with them. We were friends with this girl. Then she met someone who already had kids. She claimed he was in his late 20s but he looked twice as old. Things moved very quickly. They got pregnant ( she was 20/ 21). Then engaged. She never wanted children before, so I wondered what the rush was. She had only just become a step mum. Quite a step. I was the only one that went to engagement. I thought my friends/ her other friends our age would be there. she completely ignored me and I was bored to death. I wondered why she did that. That made me mad, I was the only friend who bothered to come. my old friends and I had tried to keep in contact with her. She always blew them off. My friends got sick and tired of it. In the end I did too.

• Author

People seem to think it's the single friends that cut off someone who gets pregnant. In my case it was The opposite.

It's sad when friendships end. But it seems clear that she doesn't want to be a part of your life. I suggest that you respect her decision. You can't force her otherwise.

I think you should just probably forget about her, I mean you've tried, your friends had tried. Like the person above said that she doesn't seem to be a part of your life, if she was a true friend or one that you keep around or count on whenever you need her, then she would do that, but this isn't the case, you probably deserve a friend that actually does that instead of wasting time on trying to keep in contact with this friend of yours.

• Author

Thanks. But I wonder why she completely cut everyone off after meeting this guy. Very unhealthy. Guys never do this. For someone who never wanted children she quickly got step children and pregnant right away. Odd. I also wonder why someone like my ex who is arrogant with a superiority complex, yet still had his friends from high school. How dies that work when he's an Ahole who treats people like $hit?

Edited by Sugarkane