How do you tell someone you dont want anything to do with them?

MissJoness

I became acquainted with this woman from my job. We exchanged phone numbers and after a few conversations i discovered that she is not someone I want to associate myself with anymore. She looks down on me because of where I live--she even directly insulted me once. After that i no longer pick up the phone when she calls however this woman refuses to get the message. She keeps on calling me. The reason why I won't pick up the phone with her is because she is very aggressive..once you talk to her she dominates the conversation, your thoughts and you wind up on the phone longer than what you expected. I feel in a way she is bullying me. She has no real reason to associate with me besides calling me and telling me how little she thinks of people like me who live in my city and area. She is a very bitter woman. She's also much older than me.

The thing is that when I see her things are very awkward. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't want anything to do with her but I don't know how to gracefully disassociate myself from this woman

I would just continue to ignore the calls, or maybe block her number. If she confronts you about it at work just explain that you'd like to keep your relationship a strictly professional one at work only. If she asks why, just say that's the decision you've made. Giving excuses will give her room to argue with you.

This is all I have except continuing what you have been doing...

At Work...

Hi so&so... I just wanted to mention something and wanted you to know that I don't mix (or feel I cannot mix) any longer my work life up with my personal life and as much as I'd like to go out at times I can't cross that boundary.. I hope you understand...

or something to that effect...

but really, block her number.