I'm losing my best friend

hi, erm ... how can i explain this, i've been best mates with this girl for over 2 years now and we've always been close but over the past month she seems distant. like i have to make a effort to talk to her, if i dont do that she wont talk to me and when i make a effort, for example "What did u do last night?" and she replies "No" i know it sounds like nothing but its they way she says it. she says it like she can be bothered talking to me.

where still in school (6th form) but ever since we went away wid the school in february to new york she's changed.

we use to talk on the phone for hours, we use to go out all the time but now she never calls me and im doing all the calling and the calls only last five minutes not even that and this time last year they use to last hours. but when we are with all are other friends she's the life and soul of the party and she talks to me normally but when were left alone she goes back to her miserable self. but sometimes when were with are friends i ask her something and she ignores me!

and when some girls from school, who we both hang around with, when she goes out with them she never invites me or calls me. they other girls ask me instead and say to me "Hasn't Helen asked you?" and it makes me feel so left out and it feels like im losing my best friend. i love her to pieces, we have been through so much together in a short period of time, i want to sort things out but im scared i'll agrue with her because we've never had a agruement before!

can you please tell me why she is doing this and help me sort out my friendship with my best friend.

thank you i'm really desperate luv Beth xxx

ok this might lead me to beleive maybe somethings going on behind the scenes in this girls life, my advice is dont try too hard keep a door open for her to talk to you and to go out and socialize, but slowly increase connections to other friend circles, sometimes peoples imagination can play tricks on them and they beleive they are being excluded, im going through a similar thing at the moment, we're for example i've been told a close friend is going somewhere the next day and i have recently had an argument from them, i hear nothing and assume they aren't intending to invite me

the next day after throwing a massive stink up about it to my other friends i'll find out something like they never actually went or something got in the way, and it usually makes me look like an idiot, in short i would say still make connections with this person and try to be friends but if you get open exclusion or they openly say something like go away, then maybe you should consider not working as hard on keeping something that they dont want.

In short its up to you how you deal with this all i can suggest is to be prepared for the worst but also be prepared for the best, get out talk to other people, and maybe you will find it wa sall in your head.. or maybe you won't

Miss my bOo

Do you think she's mad at you, or what so ever. I think you should actually confront her at the time being because it maybe she's hiding something from you, or maybe shes' afraid to tell you things changed, and lifes moving on. So ask her.

• 4 weeks later...
spacecity_fellow

I recently concluded a relationship with a girl that i was truly in love with. Since our break-up this girl has been very stand-offish and just plain rude. Being a 24 year old male, i did make mistakes during the course of are relationship(stayed monogomous). But not because i didnt love her, but because i was down right afraid that i had found someone at such a young age, that i could see myself with forever. To make a long story short............i recently was given gut-wrentching news that she began sleeping with my best friend of five years and roomate. And that everyone(from co-worker to friends) knew about this and decided to keep it a secert from me. Now, i relize that things change and romantic encounters are sparked every second, but personally i feel that there are lines that friends just DO NOT cross. I mean it wasnt like i never brought her around anyone or hid her, this was a girl that i introduced to everyone. She always would be at my house with myself and my roomates, and we were all friends. My roomate also knew how much i loved this girl, i would tell him frequently. When i found out about their affair i immediatley confonted my best friend/roomate and inquired why he decided to put our friendship in jepordey. He replied ," that he didnt mean for this to happen." I replied ,"that their current situation bothered me immensely."

Since my break-up wierd things have been also been happening with this girl. I work as a personal trainer at this gym, when we were together she never really worked out there.........but after our break-up she came around sometimes three time a day. She also began befriending my co-workers and for a period of time my co-workers began give me the cold shoulder( from the comments she would make about me). She even became friends with my boss and even attempted to apply for a job. I mean she would even bring her parents in on ocassion, that was extremely uncomfortable. Eventually my co-workers saw through her deception and stopped talking to her. That is when she went for my roommate and succeded. I have never had to deal with a woman like this and i seriously think she is out to ruin my life. Advice anyone?