manipulative friend, inconsistant friend...

jaxom_liam

Ok i'll give u my social situation. Im in year 10 at school, and i have 3 main friends and one of these friends are continually making suggestions that my family is not what it should be, lately i have been fighting with my parents and occasionally i'll mention something at school, and this was ok i got support from my two other friends then the manipulative friend just decides to say out loud, your familys ****ed, i took to this badly because him and his mum have a very bad relationship in which he pretty much goes up to her and demands money when he wants it.

No this had been happening over a steady period of time and whenever he came out with a comment like this i usually hit him or bagged him in another way about how hypocritical he is, then the confrontation came to a head when he called me and asked for me to come over and then i went to my mum and asked, she said no then he proceeded to have an outburst so loud over the phone that my mum heard individualy phrases, my mum confronted me and we had a huge fight over how i "let" him critiscize this finally was resolved after he was half forced into an apology

things progressed roughly and i patiently listened to my other friends anger at him about how his attitude to other people was so negative, and another friend who never liked him to begin with was complaining as well, now the friend who was mad at him about his attitude is his best friend. and they are closer then some couples are, and he can be extremely mad at him for 1 day and badmouth him to me and the next take it out on me if i critiscize him back... now i get along really well with these other 2 friends and at the moment cant stand the manipulative family critiscizer. But i cant get his best friend mad at him long enough to get any real change out of him. Im not sure how i should go with this, "ditching" them isnt really an option because i usually get along with them well.

But i need to get him to stop critiscizing my family or our friendship group in general before i can function normally, I dont approve of exclusion of any kind because it never works and always comes back to bite you on the ass, but he doesnt feel the same way and when hes mad at me for my "crimes" that usually involve retaliating at him then he will manipulate the inconsistant friend into trying to do stuff without me and go behind my back, occasionally this works, but my other friend who i'm pretty sure likes me she doesnt go along with this and this causes more arguments.

I've tried walking off and hanging around with other friends but i feel thats only a short term solution and i still enjoy the company of the other guy and the girl. what on earth should i do, i cant think of a way in that i should deal with this any advice greatly appreciated. I have had family members advice but needless to say thats a bit biased as u already know.

He's got problems that you can't fix. Just tell him firmly that you won't put up with his BS. Ask your other friends to support you in this - if they are true friends, they will. If all of you keep telling him you won't put up with this, he'll have to stop.

• Author

i suppose i'll do that i'll lay it out to him and say i want this to stop and im sure my other friends will support me in this, thanks for the advice i suppose its really commen sense