Still grating me after 10 months

all_hail_me

It's been about 10 months since I spoke to my ex-friend after she told me in December 2011 that she didn't want to spend Christmas with me. This was despite planning it for 3 months or so beforehand and her spending the previous Xmas with me, my ex and his family - eating our food, drinking our wine, etc. This led to me spending Xmas by myself (I had Skyrim for company) - but I've never really gotten over what a shady thing she did.

Back story - we started being friends while working together in a book shop 6 years ago, after I graduated university and moved country effectively to be with the ex (bf at the time). I never really thought too much about her behaviour but she would come over to our flat, go out with us drinking and to friends houses, then crash at the flat. We got on really well but we always hung out as a group. She moved for her job about a year or so later - then it would always be about using our flat as a crashpad as she lived in the sticks. She never invited us up to her house to visit over the 3 years she lived there.

Another move later to a big city, (which much to my chagrin I ended up moving there with the ex) and she started burlesque dancing so would get me, this time it was only me because my ex said she was boring, to come with her to shows, etc. I started to notice the facebook friends piling up (eventually to 1000). She never tagged me in photos when we went out to concerts or events together and would only select ones of herself to show, never including ones with me and her in the photo. I started realising that she only invited me to things that she couldn't find someone else to go with - including chaperoning her to photoshoots, etc. My ex broke up with me in July and she let me come over to her flat and we'd have dinner - it seemed the friend I once knew was back. Come December though she said I had grown surly and less Christmas-spirited and didn't want to spend the day with me. She said I should go be with my family - despite me confiding in her many times that my mom is an abusive alcoholic. I told her I knew that we had grown apart and she only invited me to stuff no one else would go with her too. She didn't reply then 2 weeks later I just deleted her off facebook and her number off my phone.

I messaged her in March about a tv programme we both liked, then came to my senses and blocked her. She hasn't tried to talk to me since December last year and seems to be having a great time in her conceited efforts at being a burlesque dancer.

Sounds so childish, but I'm still confused why she did all this. Why use someone for your own benefit? Can anyone see anything in here that I haven't seen? I thought she was my friend but then just dumped me when I had nothing left to offer her.