why does she act this way now?

ok, i got something to vent out here, tell me what you think, seriously anybody can answer and tell me what they think, or what you would do in my position.

i used to have a friend that i hungout with alot ( and shes a girl and we never did anything sexual, we established that early in our friendship) and helped her out of alot of rough and bad situations ( from really anything, im very protective of friends) and loved each other as friends, hell even spent the night at each others places, and whenever she had me pay for anything, she would have a tab in which she would pay half if i had to pay for her for ANYTHING ( we also established this also, and she agreed to it).

now heres the part that kinda irks me considering shes never done this before, she unfortunately moved away to her rents ( which isnt very far away at all, actually a shorter distance then i usually travelled to see her) and got a good job, which is good, but after that, she literally dead end me ( stopped texting, calling, literally seemed like she cut all ties to me) and i have to constantly text and call her to even talk to her ( mind you she used to text me everyday, and talk about everything when she first moved there) and still owes me a great deal of money, $320 to be exact, and i see and hear that she goes out and parties and does all this dumb crap that she didnt do before when i was around, and she has a car now, but yet doesnt bother to visit me, or even to help ME out when i need it most ( like i do right now), and blows me off so to speak,and doesnt bother with me, what are your thoughts?

WordvAction

Is this the same girl you've been complaining about in your other threads? You need to move in because she is clearly not interested; if she's not talking to you and giving you the cold shoulder she probably found someone else; why waste your time and someone who doesn't reciprocate?

NoMagicBullet

Perhaps she's one of those self-absorbed people who never think about reciprocating help and support. If so, then be glad she's not hanging around you anymore. That said, if she owes you money -- and that means you made it clear before she accepted money from you that it was a loan to be repaid -- then write a letter asking her to repay it.

But I'm curious -- how much of that help did you volunteer versus her asking for? It sucks to be generous with someone you're trying to build a friendship with and not get anything in return, but sometimes that's the way it goes. Sometimes they just don't want the same kind of friendship you do.

Sometimes the giver can be a little too generous or be pushy about helping someone out (I have a family member like this). It hinders true friendships from developing, because the giver comes off as desperately trying to buy friendship, and people keep the giver at a distance.

If you're going to do something for a friend, you should do it because you want to, not because you expect anything in return. And instead of giving and giving and giving, pick and choose what you decide to do or give to a friend. If they don't ever seem to return the favor, then rethink having them as a friend.

• Author

oh i do eat alot actually, except just very recently because im a broke college kid lol otherwise i do my best to eat at least 3-4 times a day :) like i said, my body is what it is

• Author

yeah, because im the same way, i go out of my way to help others whenever im able to, sometimes at my own expense, and i have talked to her about it all, either text or call, and i hate to confront someone that ive known for sometime ( almost 3 years now), and im at the point where im going to confront her in person, even if its at her parents house, where she lives now, just i have no money to get there lol but i am going to see her at some point, its either just give me what she owes and act like a friend, or end it completely.