Why does he keep saying my name?

LoverOfDance

LoverOfDance

I have this friend and he says my name A LOT. A lot of people like my name but I have never had anyone call my name and play with my name as often as he does. He does it so often, I don't even know what to say to him. He even made a song out of it, lol. He gives other people pet names and of course calls them by their names as well but not nearly as often as he says mine.

One day, he was playing with my name as usual so I decided to look him right in the eye. He quickly looked away and stopped. I just smiled and kept walking.

There has never been a day that I have seen him that he hasn't said my name at least 10 times or more. What does this mean? Why does he keep doing that? *confused face*

What's your name? :)

Is it funny sounding? The same as someone famous? Rimes with something unfortunate?

• Author
LoverOfDance

Sorry, can't say(:D) but none of the things you mentioned. It's just really short and simple.

Does he have a crush on you? Or maybe just a little socially awkward?

I don't know why he does it, but now I have Destiny's Child in my head.

Trying to attract your attention and it is a little provocative; people generally don't ignore their own name. Does it make you feel uncomfortable?

I had a client who would say my name, in almost every other sentence...

It was odd.

She actually brought it up, and told me that because she works in a field where she meets new people daily,that she doe sit on purpose to help her remember a multitude of names.

I learned to expect it from her, but it felt so unusual , it was almost unsettling.

So---maybe this friend has a hard time remembering names?