How/will she go from friend to girlfriend?

Dantheman48

Dantheman48

So I have a friend that i met on a dating site a couple years ago. After the first date, we agreed to be friends. a month or so later she got a bf. they dated for about a year and a half, and we would keep in touch every month or so. Then they broke up. She and I hung out about a month or so after that and at the end of that night she said "we should make this a weekly thing!" So we started hanging out more. eventually had sex. I asked about the possiblity of taking our friendship into a relationship. she gave me the classic line of "well i wouldnt want to ruin our friendship". She also brought me over to meet her family, she has hung out with my family and I numerous times. she even came up with the idea of she and I making dinner for my family. She will occasionally say she misses me. But in the same instance she will back off if I do something "boyfriend-ish". Like she had txted me that she was cold one night, I said that I wish I could be there to keep her warm. She replied "dont say that" I asked why and she said "thats boyfriend talk". and that turned into another convo about what exactly we were which lead nowhere. About a week ago she told me that she signed back up on the dating site that we actually met on to "broaden her horizons" and meet new people. (she is aparantly the queen of cliche lines). And that she doesnt want to see me less, but she just wants to meet new people.. for coffee, etc.. something simple.

So it's kind of a confusing situation.. she is, in some ways, treating me like a boyfriend.. almost like "playing house". In other ways shes like "woah.. we are not b/f and g/f".. So any advice?

WordvAction

Sorry to say, you are hardcore in the friendzone. Save yourself the pain and slowly back out of this girl's life. At the very least do other things and date other women so that you are less available to her

• Like 1

Since she's making this a routine habit and saying these things, it'd be best to just be friends and only that.

• Like 1
  • Author
Dantheman48

Ya I think she is enjoying the "comforts" of being in a relationship with me without actually BEING in one! thanks for the input guys! I have already started to make some space between us.. not being available at her becon (sp) call, not answering txts rapid fire, etc. Like another friend of mine told me "if she wants to be friends, treat her like any other friend you have"