Is it possible to make friends just randomly?

This is probably a weird question, but is it possible to make friends with someone anywhere really? The normal places for me are school, work, or through other friends. I guess the scenerio in my head is that oh, there's a loud party over there. IF for some reason I went over there, not knowing anyone, and they were my kind of people, would it be possible to actually meet people? Does anyone ever actually do that?

I'm not asking for advice on what to do. I'm not likely to actually try that. This is more of a question out of curiosity. I've noticed that on the days when I feel and act like myself, certain people are just drawn to me for some reason. It makes me wonder what I'm capable of.

Edited by SpiralOut

Yes, yes and yes! It doesn't matter where, when!

I'm not asking for advice on what to do. I'm not likely to actually try that. This is more of a question out of curiosity. I've noticed that on the days when I feel and act like myself, certain people are just drawn to me for some reason. It makes me wonder what I'm capable of.

This is great! :bunny:

Yeah. Some people just have such a magnetism about them, it's just easy for them to make friends in random places. I've got that for the most part.

• Author
Yeah. Some people just have such a magnetism about them, it's just easy for them to make friends in random places. I've got that for the most part.

I'm starting to suspect that I have that too, or at least the potential for it. There have been many times in the past when people have invited me to do stuff even when I didn't know them that well and didn't know anyone in their social circle either. It seemed really odd to me. I think my problem is that I feel suspicious of anyone trying to befriend me. All I can think of is, what do they want from me. What is their motive.

Just keep your wits about you if you decide to go out with new people that just randomly invite you to do something with them. I've been done the same way before, and like you questioned their motives. But that shouldn't dissuade you from making new friends. I'd say just be careful.