Friend or Foe

luvcrazy02

My boyfriend and I were having problems...almost breaking up. I was really upset...so I called my friend. I ended up staying over at her house, and in the morning, we decided to watch the movie we rented. The movie was almost over, and she decided to go take a shower and get ready for her boyfriend to come over for lunch. When she came out, I was on the phone with my boyfriend (who called me), and she got mad. I ended up talking to him for about an hour, and we were making a lot of progress. She started yelling down the stairs that she needed the phone, so I wrapped it up. It took me about 5 minutes, cuz I didn't want to just cut him off. She yelled at me again in the 5 minutes, and I took the phone to her. Her boyfriend had been there the entire time I was on the phone, and when I brought the phone to her, he yelled at me for being on the phone so long. Am I in the wrong here? Or is my friend and her dumb ass boyfriend wrong?

An hour-long call on a friend's phone is excessive, imo. Certainly, at the point she told you she needed the phone it was incumbent on you to end your call quickly. Although it's easy to get caught up in the moment when you're in the middle of a relationship altering/defining/resolving conversation, I think this just underscores why it's essential to conduct these conversations at a time and place where there will not be any interruptions.