I fell hard for my bestfriend but she has a boyfriend.

Okay here is the situation, this girl and I have been bestfriends for 3 years we share a birthday and that is actually how we met. She is also exactly 3 years younger than me but she helps me with a lot. I mean she has helped me through some of the worst times of my life. About a month ago I was sitting next to her just looking up at the stars and then I looked back at her and she was watching me. As I looked back I realized she was glowing in my eyes and that I loved her with all my heart and my everything. She has a boyfriend although and they just started dating and they are happy with one another. This kid is also a decent friend of mine and I know that his last relationships havent lasted a long time. I just told her how I felt about her and she doesnt know what to think. The big problem is I dont know if I should wait for her and her boyfriend to break up or if I should try to find someone else even though I cant think of anyone else like that since I realized I loved her more than I thought I did :( Im still trying to talk to her but everytime I do the thought of I might not get her just runs through my head and it kills me because what if that relationship defies the odds and actually lasts and that would kill me. Any help would be appreciated on what to do because I just dont know what to do anymore :(

Thank you to anyone who tries!

Philosoraptor

Simply enough you back off as she is committed. Be patient and let life happen as it's not in your hands. If you try to pry them apart you could lose a friend and never have a chance with her as it could cause her to lose all respect for you.

What are the ages of all involved by the way?

• Author

I am 21 and she is 18... I dont want to try and pry them apart and I really want her to be happy. I just want to know how to handle the feelings I guess and not let them come out for her until/hopefully I get a chance with her.

I am 21 and she is 18... I dont want to try and pry them apart and I really want her to be happy. I just want to know how to handle the feelings I guess and not let them come out for her until/hopefully I get a chance with her.

Let's travel into the future for a bit.

You make a pass, she accepts.

She starts cheating on your friend, your best friend is actually cheating on your friend with you.

They split up.

You two get together now, and for a while it's bliss.

You might even have kids, build a life together.

But relationships eventually fizzle a bit and ppl lose their rose colored glasses. She will cheat on you or you will cheat on her with another 'best friend'.

Cue in a lot of anger/hurt/whatever because you both remember how you started off and what you did.

Is this what you want 10yrs down the line ?

There are ways to distance yourself from this scenario.

1- you can run through your mind the above scenario every time you meet her

2- masturbate before meeting her to the mental picture of another girl

3- start dating another girl fast

4- imagine a slew of bad qualities attached to her; you already have your first ... she is in a relationship and you are still hanging out after what you said

The question, do you want to actually think with your big head or your little head ?

PS: 1000 posts.

• Author

You might be right, but I wouldnt let her cheat on her boyfriend now. She already has tried to kiss me I told her no because im at the point where Im not losing any friends over this. But it makes me mad everytime I think about it. I wish it was easier though.