What do you make of a friend saying they want me to have their babies while drunk?

Allow me to start off by saying that this particular friend is currently in a relationship. He's made comments in the past (generally while being drunk) about me being attractive, but I wouldn't say there's ever really been much else in the way of him indicating he has any sort of feelings towards me. Aside from wrapping his arms around me and refusing to let me move over when we both ended up sleeping on the same couch some months ago, I suppose.

The other night, he, his girlfriend, and a bunch of our friends were having a get together. As per usual, he made comments about me being attractive once he was drunk, but I made nothing of it. At one point, he and his girlfriend were sitting in a chair together and they both dragged me over to sit with them (mind, that's just how our friends are). I sat there for a while, but they eventually let me go so I went off to one of the unoccupied couches. For the rest of the night, he kept asking me to come back and sit with him because he was cold. I told him a few times to sit with his girlfriend, but he would either not respond to that or say she was enjoying the party. When I offered him a blanket, he said it wasn't the same...

Later on, something came up that prompted me to ask him if he would want children any time soon. Somehow, this led to him saying that he wanted ME to have his children. I just kind of brushed it off, not really knowing how to respond to that. He said it a couple more times, then when both his girlfriend and I said we'd want to have twins, he shook his had and said exasperatedly that then he'd have to raise two sets of twins.

Perhaps this doesn't make much of a difference because he'd already been drinking by the time he said this, but he also mentioned at one point that it was impossible to lie while drunk.

What on Earth am I supposed to make of any of this?

Edited by La Prism
Mme. Chaucer

I would think he was an embarrassing drunk. And that in general, you and your friends behave kind of strangely.

• Author

SpiralOut - I'm not sure if she heard most of what was said. It was a party, after all, so there were other things going on. Either way, if she did, she never said anything.

Mme. Chaucer - I don't see how my friends being playful makes us strange...?

What on Earth am I supposed to make of any of this?

As a man, he's likely visualizing, with the complete clarity that only alcohol can provide, the beginning of that process, not the end ;)

• Like 1
  • Author

I didn't imagine that he ACTUALLY wanted me to have his babies, even if he meant it at the time. But I did wonder if his behavior was an indication that he may have some sort of crush towards me?

Mind, I'm not taking that to mean I should impede upon his relationship, I'm just curious as to what this all could mean.

Edited by La Prism

carhil's comment is awesome. :laugh:

He has a crush on you, alcohol removes inhibitions.

You need to understand this is not normal boundary between friends.

His gf either is in denial, flat out lied to, or wants to have a polyamorous lifestyle with him and you.

Take your poison.