Question: How often or if anytime have you kissed a friend on the lips?

Zippy2000

Good day, Love Shackers!

Thought I d ask this question as I would like a general consensus. The reason why I m asking is I got to know this girl since July 2011, and since then we`ve become close friends. As some of you may be on here. You know the situation.

You fancy/have the hots for your friend.

I think she knows I like her. I ve flirted with her when speaking to her or when texting her but recently I ve upped the ante. I ve increased physical contact with her. Basically its got to the point when I walk her back to her flat we both are holding each other arm in arm, (the couple of times she instigated linking arms to walk down the road) and when we`re at a crowded place. I grab hold of her hand (when I hold my hand out she reaches for my hand) and I lead the way BUT just two weeks ago I had a couple of drinks and thought I wonder what she`d do if I kissed her on the lips when I said goodbye to her.

So I did! I didnt think at the time about what to do. I just did it. Guess what? No bad reaction at all but I didnt think at the time what to do. However one of my friends asked me if she had a reaction or what was her expression on her face was like? You know if she was shocked/surprised or if her eyes where still closed.

That was two weeks ago. So I kissed her again today after helping her move to her new place but this time she opened her arms first as I was leaving and I reached for a peck on the lips, and she moved closer too!

Now, the question is. Do any of you other people reading this kiss your friends on the lips just as platonic kisses or is it becuase you have feelings for them?

She accepted your first kiss and came back for more. Nothing friend like about that at all. Should make it a longer one next time, I bet she will like it.

• Author

Thanks Gaius! I never thought of that so next time I will pro-long my kiss for a could of seconds or more.

Thank you!

However the question was. Do ANY of you kiss your friends on the lips?

Thanks Gaius! I never thought of that so next time I will pro-long my kiss for a could of seconds or more.

Thank you!

However the question was. Do ANY of you kiss your friends on the lips?

You must be from the north east.

Feelin Frisky

I don't kiss friends on the lips. No. OPer, it sounds like you might be making it out of the friend zone and into something more. Seize the moment.

• Author
I don't kiss friends on the lips. No. OPer, it sounds like you might be making it out of the friend zone and into something more. Seize the moment.

Sieze the moment? Ha ha. Love it. Thanks for answering my question. Good answer too. I ve known her for about 10 months, and I am building up a good relationship with her.

I like Guis` idea of kissing and holding that kiss for a little longer.

Leading on fro this. Do some countries kiss on the lips as a greeting or is this a sign of intimacy?

Do some countries kiss on the lips as a greeting or is this a sign of intimacy?

Yes, some countries seem to do it more as a greeting then others. I'm in the US and my family never kissed each other, not even simple pecks on the cheeks. We had some Italian folks stay with us and they were all like "Left Cheek, Right Cheek, Lips" every time we simply said hello or goodbye.

I do know other families in the US have different attitudes though and use kissing on the lips as a greeting. There's no hard rules on this for certain countries, especially the US where we have a huge variety of cultures. It ultimately depends on the family upbringing.

• Author

Thank you BrokenTom. At last a sensible answer and passes for an exam answer.

I read in some places like for example in Canada. Some people do kiss on the lips but rare.

I m asking because I m not sure why I did kiss my friend on her lips. I guess it is a sign of intimacy.

Tomorrow. I m helping her to pack more stuff to move to her new place. Im going to do what Guis says. To "prolong" the kiss and guage her reaction.

When I text her and flirt a little. She does`nt flirt back. Im not sure if she still has feelings for her ex but please wish me luck. This kinda thing takes a lot fo courage. lol.

I kiss a few girlfriends on the lips. I've made out with them before though.

I don't kiss male friends on the lips, even ones I've made out with.

Question: How often or if anytime have you kissed a friend on the lips?
Pretty common for me. I tend to kiss men on the cheek though. Hug, kiss, say 'I love you', etc. Friends are important people in my life. Life savers. They get the best of who I am.

The difference between a romantic partner and a friend is primarily sexual, with the feeling behind the kissing necessarily being different for/with a romantic partner.

Female friends tend to want to kiss me on the lips. It appears to be purposeful for them. I know they're not attracted sexually because something would've happened over the years if they were. Then their husbands might kill me ;)

threebyfate

Two kisses on the lips? My read would be she's not adverse to your coming onto her!

As far as myself, no lip kisses except with romantic partners. I don't even kiss my son on his lips.

• Author
Two kisses on the lips? My read would be she's not adverse to your coming onto her!

As far as myself, no lip kisses except with romantic partners. I don't even kiss my son on his lips.

Thanks for your input Threebyfate. Well technically its actually 3. What I havent told you. Is just a few months back. I decided to get her a present and in the pub while some of her friends were away from the table. I told her to close her eyes as I had a suprise for her.

She went to close her eyes, and I leaned forward to kiss her. Just when my lips touched hers, she pulled back. I think she wasnt expecting that, and said okay now for your suprise and gave her, her gift I got.

I got a hug from her but fast forward 2 months. Im now kissing her when I say goodbye.

If you say she`s not adverse for me coming on to her. Why doesnt she flirt back. Ive only ever counted 2 occasions when she has flirted back but thats only when a few drinks are had.

So my question about kissing a friend on the lips is more flirtatous as most friends dont kiss at all. Does anyone agree?

threebyfate

Is she normally flirtatious with other guys? It's possible she's a bit of a flirtard, only capable of it post liquid confidence.

• Author
Is she normally flirtatious with other guys? It's possible she's a bit of a flirtard, only capable of it post liquid confidence.

Hey! Well thats me back home after helping her move. I was with her girl best pal, and 2 other guys. Who are also my friends.

To answer your question. No she isnt a flirt at all. Ive been out drinking with her before and she doesnt ever flirt with anyone, and nor are her texts flirty.

When I do flirt with her somethings she`ll reply "Awww thats sweet", or "thank you hun" but thats about it. She acknowledges my flirts but she either isnt that good at flirting or a bit shy on how.

There was a part in the day when we were trying to put across an extension in her bedroom, and she asked "Do you want me to bend over"? and I replied "Yes please" and she just laughed.

After I helped her move her stuff. She got some beers in and some food. It was getting cold so I sat next to her on the sofa, and got a blanket out, and i made another move. I put my head against her shoulder. She didnt budge or move away. My friend was sittig on the other chair and all of us were watching TV.

Now for that prolonged kiss. Bah! I didnt do it but again I kissed her on the lips. I m ade sure my lips were ready for a kiss and made sure they were a little moist. Again she let me kiss her on the lips. She is responsive to kissing.

Anyone got any ideas other than a prolonged kiss I can move forward with this?

I want out of the friend zone and be more sexual with her and get her into bed.

I want out of the friend zone and be more sexual with her and get her into bed.

So now you just want to get her into bed...? from reading the progress of your posts I was under the assumption you'd be asking to go steady with her?

:(

• Author
So now you just want to get her into bed...? from reading the progress of your posts I was under the assumption you'd be asking to go steady with her?

:(

Yeah, let me apologise. That was a bit shallow of me to say that. I didnt mean it to be honest. Shes good friend too. I respect her, and havent made any moves since I first met her a few months before.

I just want to get out of this friends zone.

So no news at the moment. I ve not seen her for about a week. However she has been randomly been texting me every other day. I ve not initiated any of the texts. However I have flirted every. One text I sent saying I was late for work and she replied "Again, tut, tut!!x". I replied "I think I was dreamimg of you or is that a nightmare?" Just to give a wee bit of teasing. Shes not any good at flirting back.

The body language with her is great. On most nights when we go home and I walk her home sometimes initiates by putting her hand on my arm. This is how I built up to the kissing stage. I used to kiss her on the cheek but a few weeks ago I just kissed her on the lips and she never showed any bad signs.

So Im seeing er on Tuesday and also on Friday. I ll let you know how it goes.

So the next kiss.

Make sure lips not chapped.

Lips are soft and moist.

Move in, KISS and hold for lets say 3-4 secs.

Pull back. Watch/guage for reaction.

If good reaction maybe go for another kiss:love:. If not good respone then stuck in friend zone. :(

• Author

Thanks for the encouragement TishD. Unfortunately a development has happened.

I d loke to thank all the Loveshackers who have tried to give me their opinions, and thoughts, and thanks for sharing. I was on here almost 7 years ago under a different username, and I learned a lot. Seven years ago I was under "Second chances" in the forum. I moved on since then, and dated a whole lot of other girls. This one I liked because we built up our friendship, our body contact, the touches, and the nights out until we got to pecking on the lips.

The development is that my a lday friend of mine was speaking to her on the phone, and girl I liked mentioned I was really nice helping her move to her new place. Lady friend said "I think P really likes you"!

I was told by lady friend that when she told the girl I liked she seemed suprised, and she had a wee inkling that I may have liked her.

Anyway fast forward a few days, I got a text from the girl I liked and she asked me to go to hers for a "wee chat".

To cut to the chase. Girl I like was very sweet about it ut said she wasnt ready for a relationship, and she needed to get her head straight. (She still thinks about her ex). She did mention she still wanted me to be friends, and she hoped I wont go weird on her.

One word guys............................"SUCKS"!

Thanks for being there.

Bye for now

x