always negative

i have noticed that a few people especially my new neighbor, they dont like to be around me because i am such a negative person. Its really hard to be positive when i have nothing good going on in my life for years, everything is negative-and yes i will admit that I am jealous of everybody i know! even my so called " friends" on facebook! even though i dont associate with 90% of them!

my neighbor even told me she doesnt like being around me b/c i am negative-

its really hard! i mean i would be happy if i was getting married to a good man, no kids, no worries, dont have to work, have money and lots of family etc!

i have none of that! been unemployed 2 1/2 yrs, been single 6 yrs, no social life, no money no family- my life is depressing and boring and has been that way for years! i cant go nowhere to meet anyone or have fun because no money, and car has no gas and i have suspended license because i couldnt afford to pay a speeding ticket from a few months ago! so i am home everyday all day alone(with my cat!)

i am soon to be 42! and just sometimes wish i could just be in an accident to get away and leave because i feel nothing good gonna happen to me because it hasnt yet! i mean how long do i wait? i get really jealous of other people and their happy lives! even if it is going to work, or to watch a game or out to dinner

so how am i supposed to have friends if they dont like the negative life i have?!

january2011

Volunteer for a worthy cause - a cause where you are forced to help people who are less fortunate than you. When you're focused on something/someone that's outside yourself, you don't have time to be maudlin.

Volunteering can also provide a great social life, potential group of friends who have similar values to you, as well as a potential job, either with the volunteer organisation or in the private sector as a result of your voluntary experience.

Some organisations will also contribute towards your travel and lunch expenses so that you're not left out of pocket.

• Author

I have aplied for a few volunteer jobs in the area, i was denied at the hopsital because i have a case records from 1999! smdh! i wasnt even charged and other person lied and i in the process of an expenugement pardon from the governor-i cant believe it i think that might be why icant get a job! some crazy girl hit me and because she was a bad person she decided to say i hit her! C'MON LIKE I WOULD HIT A black woman from new york! no offense-its just i am white and never hit no one from new york! it got thrown out of court but its stilll on my record

so i dont know i tried united way and other volunteering places and nothing!

so i give up until my caserecords gets cleared hopefully soon its a long processs!

Well, I guess my question is, is this negativity helping you at all? Probably not.

We need to step back and look at things from a different perspective. First you have access to the internet so either you have enough money to pay for it or you have access and ability to get it from a local wi-fi source or library. Second, you have a neighbor. What does that tell me? You are 95% better off economically than people that are homeless and have no access to public help. I don't know if you've ever visited anyplace that had 3rd world conditions but it would put things in perspective if you really delved into the issues they have as opposed to the blessings you have.

Next, it would be good to focus that negativity and turn it into productivity. Look into your local career services center and see if there is any training that could help you with your chances of getting a job.

In the meantime see if you can find small jobs, like cleaning houses, or walking dogs.

Also, look into free mental health aid. Depression is a serious issue and there is NO SHAME in seeking help.

• Author

of course it doesnt help! i just wish something positive would happen in my life, i mean theres nothing! other than im alive- im stressing so much im losing my hair!yes i get internet from wi-fi from other people in the area, if ican

well and my neighbor is now moving! to northcarolina, her fiance got a really good job offer-she was the only friend that helped me motivate a little bit. like to walk and help with job postings!

i did meet with someone at mental health for a few months, but it really didnt help. i mean i could talk to my cat and cry at home alone! they dont really help just tell you to keep trying and give you papers to read, couldnt afford to take the bus twice a month to the appt