Would you be bothered with a friend who can't make an effort to maintain a friendship

lilmizsara

There are two girls let’s call them A and B that I am friends with. A is someone i’ve known since I was 7 (i’m 23 now), B i’ve known since I was 13. We have our usual highs and lows as long time friends. However, while I do still keep in contact with B, I haven’t properly spoken to A since my birthday in January.

She seems to be very caught up with what sapping and messaging her boyfriend (rolls eyes) as well as work. I tried to speak to her recently via whatsapp saying we haven’t caught up in awhile and she was like oh yeah.. and was busy going out and couldn’t even reply. Unlike B, she can’t seem to bother to keep in contact or whatever, but she can do the same for others!

I;ve also found out that A and B have went on some outings together without including me. They would do that sometimes in the past, and i’ve always found it rather annoying that their “reasons” were that it was spontaneous and they just thought i’d be busy. What annoys me even more is that she can keep in contact with B and some others, but doesn’t put in the same effort for me - someone she’s known the longest in terms of friends.

Would you bother with a friend like A? what would you do?

I would put exactly as much effort into a relationship with A as she puts into a relationship with me.

No more.

No less.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would put exactly as much effort into a relationship with A as she puts into a relationship with me.

No more.

No less.

oh that sounds good! :D