Friend won't do anything w/o BF

HeartOnSleeve

HeartOnSleeve

Never posted in this section before but I am finding myself getting more and more frustrated with one of my very good friends.

She met this guy about 8 months ago, and he is about 5 years younger than us. I didn't see it going very far since he was young, very immature, lacks manners, and oh he's MEAN to me. Well it has lasted and they are "together, but not together". She puts up with his BS and complains most of the time but never does anything about it and he is around ALL OF THE TIME. I rarely get to see her without him. I have told her that there are somethings I like doing with her alone and he always seems to end up around us. I dated someone for a bit and never even introduced him to her because I didn't want him to meet her bf.

Now I'm at a crossroads...When she calls to hang out, if he's there I just decline, the back breaker for me was inviting her to an event and then hearing that he is now attending. The kicker, he's not even into this event.

Not sure how to approach her about this. He was gone for a weekend and she didn't want to do anything and the minute he came back she was back to her normal chipper self. We are 28....not 18...lol.

It's tuff when a good friend gets a significant other whose is an a-hole it makes things unconformable and tiring. A new girl or boyfriend can change a person so much,it seems all you can do is talk to her and wait it out. If she dumps the guy it's gonna click wow where was my head?

Hopefully others feel the same way as you and she was get tired of this loser. Just let her dig her own grave b.c many times complaining to her to much about it will just cause her to flock to him more. I'm dealing with this myself a friend of mine dated a new girl and it just changed the way he acted. Keep in contact even if it's by phone and try hang out here and there. As much a new toxic person entering our world sucks on the same token a legit good friend imo is truly hard to find. She seems to notice the guys down fall but he has a hold on her for whatever reason.

Edited by riverman
  • Like 1