what does she mean?

insearchof

i reently told my best friend ( shes a girl, im a guy) how i truly felt bout her and i that i really like her....all she told me was that she wanted to ramain freinds now but in the future she thinks somethin could happen.....do u think shes just sayin thsi to get me off her back bout it or do you think she really means what she says?

If she's under 18... Just keep being friends with her until you guys grow up. Do teen things, not adult things.

Hang out and have the time of your life!

Dating isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway. Enjoy your carefree youth!

From,

This Mom

CostumeSmile

Yeah nothing screws up a perfectly good freindship like a failed attempt to take it further.

Besides if she wanted more she would have been elated to hear you admit and would have told you the same.

Stay freinds, don't push things.

• Author

yeah...but ive had people tell me to not speak to her and jsut forget bout her and see what happens cause they said usually girls come runnin back to ya if they want ya or need ya....i mean..she considers me her best friend and i dont see how i could do that to her.....but pretty much all i became friends with her to begin with was in hope of a relationship and now that thats been rejected i dont see how i can continue hangin around her as much.....i mean..whats the point? i feel like shes using me to take her places and what not.....i dont wanna be the guy shes comes runnin back to every time she breaks up with someone or whatever....thats not right...

insearchof

all she told me was that she wanted to ramain freinds now but in the future she thinks somethin could happen.

I doubt it.

insearchof

i feel like shes using me to take her places and what not.

Is she ordering you around?

insearchof

i dont wanna be the guy shes comes runnin back to every time she breaks up with someone or whatever....thats not right...

Sounds like a friend and therapist. Do not fall into that trap!

If you cannot get out of the friend role, I don't think you will be able to take it much further.

• Author

no..shes doesnt order me around..she just sorta invites herself....like...when i mention somthin shes just like..."hey can i go", or "we should go do that" and stuff like that....

If you're worried about her tagging along, stop mentioning to her where you're going.

Lonely Stranger

I've been in the same situation before, and told my best friend that I loved her, even got to the point of practically proposing to her. Well we are friends, have been and will always be. I havent felt the way I used to for her in a few years, but once in awhile she mentions the "if things we different" scenario but I just try to ignore it. Who knows how the girl feels about you, but if it is meant to be then only time will tell.

I was in a similar situation. One of my friends told me how he felt about me. I told him that I didn't see him that way. I tried to remain friends with him and I still picked him up and did the usual things we always did. It back fired on me. I still talk to this friend occasionally but I had to back down. He started telling me that he was ugly and since we both were attempting to get certifications at school (which is where we meet) he started yelling at me everytime I passed a test because he didn't pass his test and he refuses to retake it at this time. I have tried encouraging him to take it again but he just says hes stupid. It got so bad that a few weeks ago he threatened to kill himself. Everytime I talk to him lately he has a catastrophy and he tells me that I'm a terrible friend because he thinks I don't spend enough time with him. He even yelled at me for going out on a date with my boyfriend. I felt so bad that I took him to the hospital. I think hes trying to throw a guilt trip on me. I've decided that when one friend wants more than another the friendship is basically over. I never wanted it to be but I guess it is. I can't handle the negativity,the cut downs and the drama.Everytime I'm happy he wants to make me miserable.