My friend is making all the wrong decisions

jennifer05

My best friend talks to guys she has never even met before. She gets on the internet from time to time and talks to guys on chat rooms. She has her picture posted on a website and whenever a guys comments on her pic, she falls totally head over heels. There's a guy she's been talking to from NY and he says he's going to come down and meet her. But what if he isn't what he says he is? Plus, she's talking to another guy who has slept around with everyone, that I know for a fact, and so many people have said he has herpies...she wont believe us. WHAT DO I DO to get her to wake up and realize? please help!!

lipglossboost

You are in a tough spot, because although you care for your friend, you can't change her behavior. If she won't listen to reason, there isn't much you can do to help her, or to stop her from hurting herself.

Will she be meeting this internet guy all alone? A friend of mine was the same way. I convinced her to meet him for lunch at the mall, (or another public place,) and I would be there as well, except not with them, just watching and keeping an eye on her. We both had our cell phones and she was to call me in an hour ... if she didn't, I would call mall security and the police.

Sometimes, when people won't listen to reason, you can make the best of the bad situation, ie., she still meets him, but is somewhat safer with you just around the corner.