Interested in friends best friend

Goose00

I am interested in one of my friends best friends. She is great, but it seems that everytime we are all together she kinda ignores me, or makes idle chatter. However when we are alone things seem to flow and we get on well with each other.

She has mentioned a lot of things to me when we are alone indicating that she would like more, but she is currently semi-seeing someone else. How is the best way to find out if she wants anything more? The obvious answer is to ask her, however I dont want to come across as being too needy or desperate or making a fool of myself just incase I am wrong about her emotions (of which she has trouble communicating them).

You gotta give us more info to help. Is she seeing someone you know? Is it serious? Why do you think she is doing a jekyl and hyde on you?

No, I dont really know him, they have been on and off for about 1.5 years. She says she loves him, but often complains or bitches about him. On minute she would be all over me like a rash, the next its like she is pretending nothing happened. However, if she didnt want something to happen, she wouldnt call with fruitless reasons (which she has been doing recently). When we are face to face however, things just seem different and while I would love to talk to her about it, I don't know how ...

GeorgiaSongbird

I'd be a little wary of someone who was "on you like a rash" before she sorted out the problems/issues in her current relationship. If you did develop a relationship with her, would you like her to be on someone else like a rash when problems or issues develop in your relationship? That just doesn't seem like a respectful, mature way to handle it, IMO.