LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Is it possible for a guy to just be friend with a girl?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2011, 12:22 AM   #61
Established Member

Haven't read the entire thread, either.

The only guys who truly wanted friendship with me were gay men. Every other guy just wanted something else (sigh).

Last edited by Breezy Trousers; 27th November 2011 at 1:39 AM..
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2011, 12:48 PM   #62
Established Member

I suppose it is possible. I have never personally seen it work for others and I have never experienced it myself. Some of it probably has to do with the deepness of the friendship. If it is mostly surface "acquaintance" friendship it is very possible. If the guy/girl are becoming very close there is a high chance one of the two will develop feelings.
TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 12:22 PM   #63
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
Haven't read the entire thread, either.

The only guys who truly wanted friendship with me were gay men. Every other guy just wanted something else (sigh).
Are you sure??
Dude please!
BillieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 9:56 PM   #64

Yes, it's entirely possible. Most men are primarily attracted to a woman's physical beauty. If a woman happens to be overweight or ugly she can still be a good friend without being a sexual partner.

I think the real question here is "Can a man be friends with an attractive female without wanting to sleep with her?"
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 11:16 PM   #65
Established Member

Yes I believe it is possible. The real question is how deep of a friendship can someone have with the opposite gender before things get weird?

This is something that will depend on the person. Just because one person has problems being friends with the opposite gender doesn't mean that other people can't do it. I know of people who do it quite well.

Personally, I to like have guys as friends. I just can't become as close to them emotionally as I do with female friends. It runs the risk of feelings developing. But that's just me.
SpiralOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 11:23 PM   #66
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
Yes, it's entirely possible. Most men are primarily attracted to a woman's physical beauty. If a woman happens to be overweight or ugly she can still be a good friend without being a sexual partner.

I think the real question here is "Can a man be friends with an attractive female without wanting to sleep with her?"
I admit that I didn't like how you put being overweight as an unlikely contender to be a sexual partner! Not that I am *that* overweight, but can rather feel threatened by slim females, if I am honest.

Last edited by goldengirl11; 5th January 2012 at 11:28 PM..
goldengirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote