spoiled friend whines about working

my best friend has never worked in her life. now that she is 21 and needs reccomendations for college, being a pharmacy major, she is working at walgreens.

her fam pays for everything, just as mine does, and the only reason she works is for experience.

she keeps whining and moaning about how much she hates work and she calls me mean and a bad friend for bitching at her when she wont stop constantly bitching and moaning about work. everyone in this world works, work sucks, thats how it goes. ive worked alot and for gods sake my parents work so much as well. does that make me a bad friend for getting mad and almost hanging up on her when she is almost in tears about how bad her life is because of work ?

i cant deal with her spoildness...its outrageous. a prade purse here, a gucci here. she wont wear non- name brand makeup such as maybelline. its worse than the show "rich girls"......

what can i say or do because shes really angering me.

She sounds like "Rachel" on friends....LOL!

I don't think a parent is doing a child a favor by supporting them all the way thru college. Part of growing up is all about making your own way. If work was fun....no one would have to pay you to show up.

It would drive me nuts too.

I have NO IDEA what you can do about it though. Maybe you could point out to her that while she still has this immature attitude....she will never be a fit wife or mother and you don't want to hear about it anymore.

Can you imagine some poor guy stuck with a high maintenance queen like that??? AARRGGG!!!!!

Good Luck....maybe she will move soon!!!!

i think paying for kids college as long as they are responsible and appreciate it, like myself, its well worth it. but for her, she comes from a different culture. money is everything in her culture......shes been so spoiled shes never seen the real side of life. when it comes to men, no man will be good enough unless she can walk all over him and he will give her everything she wants, and has tons and tons of money. living in america and not where she is from will hinder this process for her.

im just going to tell her i wish to not discuss this anymore..

i don't think you actually like her very much. at least right now. i do detect some envy in your post, but more annoyance.

for those of us who paid our own way throughout, and have worked since we were 15, her behaviour is particularly irritating.

let me ask you what you like about her? i think your solution to not let her talk about her job anymore is a good one, but if you want to keep this friendship it's important that you remember what you like about her.