I love you

I was wondering if anyone else has told any of their friends these 3 words. Im a male (22) but I have no problem saying this if I truly believe it.

I've said it to two people, I think.

My best guy friend, after we had our first "heart to heart" I guess you could say. I said it on chat, and he said the same thing back. Never said it in person.

The second person was my best female friend who I have known for 4 years. We text/online chat just about every day, and after a really good, long chat, where she helps me with something, I say, "love you" and she replies, "love you too," I have yet to put the I in there, however. The first time in person, she was drunk and I was sober, and she gave me a hug and said, "I love you," and I said, "I love you too." The second time was both sober, and I said "I love you," and she replied. My guy friends think I have a crush on her, but I don't think so. Not sure, I guess.

Is this weird to say this? I don't think it is but I just wanted to share. I guess Im happy I have 2 people I can say this to outside my family.

Also, I know their isn't a "rule" but can one consider someone else a best friend, even if that person doesn't see them as a best friend also?

Just some thoughts I had in my head late at night....

Edited by Mark1
PDPullmn612

I don't think it's weird to say at all. I've said it to one of my best guy friends before when he was having a rough time when his parents were gettiing a divorce.

As far as females, I've said it to girls that were just friends and also received responses.

I've said it to a few of my friends & they would always respond w/ "I love you too," nothing wrong w/ friendly love. They consider me family, family won't see a problem or think it's weird to say "I love you." :)

In my opinion, "I love you" doesn't have only a romantic connotation. You can say "I love you" to your parents, relatives, friends, pets... I see nothing wrong with that :) I say "I love you" even to my toys, hah :lmao:

PDPullmn612
In my opinion, "I love you" doesn't have only a romantic connotation. You can say "I love you" to your parents, relatives, friends, pets... I see nothing wrong with that :) I say "I love you" even to my toys, hah :lmao:

I probably say "I love you" to my dog about 5 times a day. But yes, love doesn't always carry a romantic connotation.

• Author

I'm glad there are others like me.

My favorite female friend and I are starting to say it almost on a daily basis...its interesting.