guys make better friends for the most part-to gals

tattoomytoe

i only have a few close female friends because i find most women to be catty and very needy and too clingy for me. Dudes onthe other hand i get along better with. i love to burp and feel farting is a natural process, so do my guy friends, they give me guy advice i give them girl advice.

But being the true woman that i am i DO get jealous if they are dating, or anything. i feel very protective over my boys! not that i show or say i am jealous, but i guess that is just the woman in me wanting all focus to on me, not another female!

Personally, I don't like when girls have only guys as friends, it makes me think that the guys all want the girl, because, anyone who's seen WHen Harry Met Sally knows that guys can't really be just friends with women without wanting to nail them. Plus, if there's history between any of the guys or the girl, ugh, fuhgeddaboutit.

ArdeaCandidissima

Anyone who's seen Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan knows that egg foo yung bugs will come crawling out your ears if you make hasty generalizations and use expressions such as "nail" meaning "to have sexual intercourse (with a female)".

• 2 weeks later...

I have a group of guy friends that I hang out with on occasion. They live in the city. (Sydney). They seem pretty cool. :cool: It's good to see just what goes on in the world of the guys. Lol.

We have drinks and hang out. All the normal stuff. Most of them are single so I get plenty of attention when I visit :).

I don't know how I will react when some of the guys start bringing girls/girlfriends into the group when we hang out.

That's just the woman in me wanting all the focus on me too! I know what you mean. Lol. Still it's all fun.

I have plenty of close female friends who are great too. My friends don't seem katty at all. Probably because most of them are settling down already. I've known them for years.

I am not ashamed to burp and fart infront of guys either.

lol..this sounds like me. I have always gotten along with guys better than girls..i only have maybe 3 or 4 girl friends at the very most..the rest of my friends are all guys. And all the new friends i make are guys! I belch and fart just like they do. However, when it comes to dating them, i am very jealous and protective. If any girl even thinks about it, they die. I cant help it..lol, i dont understand it.

Are there any other guys that have an opinion on this?

Just as you're protective over them, I'm sure they are over you, which would make a guy dating you incredibly uncomfortable for him when they're around.

I work in a predominantly "male" arena.....almost ALL my friends are males. We hang out, we go to lunch, we drink beer at the nudie bar....we have a good time. I'm not possessive of them....and they aren't possesive of me. I DO think if any of us were in toruble though....we could depend on each other for sound advice and support....(and yeah, they would kick some guys A$$ if he abused me or something to that effect).

I am equally as fond of my few female friends. (They don't kick A$$ as well....but endure my whines and tears better). HAHA!

I think a friend is just a friend you end up bonding with.....regardless of age, race or gender.

I do have an issue with my wife having male friends.

My wife doesn't work, but she goes out with her girlfriends.

I know that if she gets a male friend, "HIS" original intention was to pick her up regardless of her intentions.

So while she may think she has a platonic friend, I know that at one point, he wanted to get her in the sack.

This is from a married point a view.

I may be too extreme. I purposely avoid social settings with females from work because i am married.

Nah, I think you're pretty much right. It may end up in friendship, but originally, chances are a guy friend wants more than friendship in the beginning. Hell, he may want it forever but won't get it.

Girls work so much differently than guys. Girls can be just friends easily, but guys? There's always that, "What if..." factor.

• Author

yes there is the what if...... with some of my guy friends...who knoews maybe all of them, but lucky for me they do not let on..and the ones that do all they ever do is flirt with sexual conotations but we banter back and forth that way....... i have not slept with too many of my guy friends though

oh but some of my really close girl friends have had sexual feelings for me and have told me and kissed me! SO it goes both ways too.