Like this hasn't been posted before...facebook drama.

DreamerGirl27

DreamerGirl27

I am so fed up. I have 3-4, maybe 5 awesome friends that I do see in person and who are always willing to talk to me, into the wee hours of the morning.

Most of the time, I generally choose to talk to talk to friends online. I'm just not very into going out right now and I love to talk. Facebook and text is perfectly fine for me to talk, too. I don't require much attention, just that you actually RESPOND.

So like I said... I have 3-4, maybe 5 awesome friends who never ignore me.

Then... I have friends I've known for years who flat out ignore the eff outta me. I can see their full circle is up and when I IM them, I get no response.

I had this one guy add me from a dating site because he said it's easier to talk on FB and the effer never talks. He's IMed me once and said maybe 5 words and then just stopped typing.

I mean, is this really bad facebook etiquette or am I just being over dramatic? It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't know these people in person. This one girl, I went to her house and we did facials together (it was the dumbest thing I've ever done with a girl, but I didn't say anything, I just went along with it) and now when I IM her, she ignores me.

Then, I have these other hot shot guys in bands who think they're so cool and hawt, when they really aren't and I'm just trying to be friendly, who ignore me when I post on their wall and were always standoffish in person, but I never cared, because I thought we could be friends.

Boy was I wrong. So they'll add me on facebook, but then act like they don't know me.

I mean...really. Is a simple response so much to ask for?

And it's not because they are in bands, because I have another friend who was in a quite popular local band here, much more popular than the guy's bands who ignore me, and he has never ignored me.

I mean, seriously? Out of 86 people, only a handful talk to me.

I guess you could say I'm blessed if I can count my friends on one hand or whatever that nonsense is, but sometimes I'd really like to give everyone who ignores me on my facebook a piece of my mind and ask them why they really added me. Was it to up their friends list so they look "cool" or was it because I'm really their friend.

Ross MwcFan

Do the friends that you've known for years ignore you irl too?

If so then they weren't really proper friends to begin with. If not, then it's pretty strange that they would ignore you on FB.

• Author
DreamerGirl27
Do the friends that you've known for years ignore you irl too?

If so then they weren't really proper friends to begin with. If not, then it's pretty strange that they would ignore you on FB.

No, actually I just status updated about it and 3 people responded saying it's 'cause they are on their phones. Which makes it look like they are talking, but they really aren't.

TBH I usually have my desktop and my netbook left open with a tab on FB. After missing several messages, I just show myself as offline permanently so people don't get upset. So technically I am "online" but I am "AFK" and if I left my status as online they would have no idea.

Also, some people just aren't into messaging much. I HATE talking on the phone, so when an old friend would call, I would dodge her because I would end up on the phone for 45 minutes. If you're calling me about something specific, fine, but I don't need to sit there and discuss the weather for 15 minutes.