Friend problems

Spengles

All right. This isn't even a romantically related question. As of recent, one of my friends who's a 20 year old guy has befriended a 14/15 year old girl. We met this girl in an arcade cuz we played the same game and she seemed nice and everything. At first she would totally be annoying and would hug me and follow me around. I thought it was funny for a while.

But now, my friend has been hanging out with this girl almost every other day. He'll pick her up and drive her to an arcade 30 minutes away, he's gone to an amusement park with her and her friends, she's gone over to his place to watch anime/play video games and she always tags along everywhere he goes. She's even went with him and some other folks out of town to go to another arcade. He also brings her along to dinner when we go out as a group. At first, all my friends were weirded out by it but now, it seems like I'm the only one that still thinks it's really, really, really bizarre/wrong. Any ideas?

• Author

I really don't know his intentions. Truth be told, he's hard to deal with sometimes and I don't really think he has many friends due to his nature. I've heard things that other people have told me.. some dirty/wrong things that the girl said about him but I highly doubt them. Guess they just really hang out. Is that ok?

I don't know, I find it kind of suspicious.

He is so much older than her, and at those ages the maturity levels are so different.

I personally, think that it is odd and would make me uncomfortable.

My boyfriend would tell me that this guy is just trying to get into her pants, but it doesn't seem like they would have alot in common.

I don't know him personally though, so I could be totally wrong.

It sounds weird to me and might get alot weirder. Fifteen is awfully young...

Where are the parents of this girl? Someone needs to be responsible for the supervision of this child.

You know him and you think it's weird... My guess is the other friends who don't see anything weird about this situation just don't really care enough to look hard enough to see any weirdness.

B

I once dated a girl for two years when we were the same age as your two friends... on the other hand, I'm probably the nicest person you could ever hope to meet ^^ and if this guy has a somewhat questionable personality I dunno...

I know its very easy to place the responsibility for this completely in the "adults" hands heck even the law does it, but the girl I was dating is now 17 and is going out with a 42 year old...

Personaly I think this is realy bad for my ex, I've made it clear that I think she's doing the wrong thing but theres not a whole lot I can do to talk her out of it because her parents have completely botched the job of trying to stop her.

I don't think she's in any danger as such but I am getting ready to pick up the pieces when it all goes pear shaped...

• Author

Well.. everyone else has said they have just "gotten used to it". And her parents? I really have no idea. I suspect she just lies to them. I would never let my daughter hang out with a 20 yr old all the time. I've tried talking to him about it but he shrugs it off as if I shouldn't be bothered by just them hanging out.

I don't know what to tell you....it's a weird situation to be in...I wish that I had some really good advice, but I don't.....sorry, anyone else have some good advice?

Yes, this is weird. And don't think for a minute that your friend and this girl will not get sexually involved eventually. They most likely will.

Just remind your friend that he could be charged with statuatory rape even if it was consentual. The old saying, "15 will get you 20" still holds true.

• 2 weeks later...