My Best Friend.?

Harry1911

Hey guys,

I am new here and this is my first question for you all to help me on.

Okay, so, I am a boy, 18 years of age and I have a best friend who is a girl and the same age as me.

We have known each other since Kindergarten and lately, I've felt like I've got feelings for her. Before disclosing anything to her and ruining our friendship (which, frankly, I can't live without), I want to know if she has similar feelings for me.

She is kinda in a relationship, she can't figure it out yet.

Meanwhile, since the last 5-6 months, our talks have become longer and we are constantly on the phone with each other 24x7. She leaves me texts like, "I love you.!" and when I'm about to go to school and she won't be coming, she doesn't forget to leave a "I'll miss you.!".

The <3 and the Awwws have increased tremendously too.!

She calls me by 'hon', 'baby' etc.

She spends almost all of her time with me, in school or anywhere else.

She laughs at my stupid jokes.

When we talk in a group of friends, her attention is always towards me.

My FB page is full of her wall posts and she only writes on my wall, not even her boyfriends, every time she wants to put up a profile picture, she asks me which one she looks cute in.!

I want to know if I should go on and ask her and if she's gonna be interested in me.?

Since, this is my first post, I don't know what else information to give.!

If you ask for something, I'll gladly disclose it.!

Help me out here please.

I wouldn't really take the increased affection and "attention" as a sign of her returning your interest. Of course it could be; but I wouldn't get your hopes up about what that means. A lot of girls are affectionate like that with their friends. What you describe, is exactly the way my friends and I are with each other; yet it's purely platonic.

You say she's kind of in a relationship; but later you mention that this guy is her boyfriend. I wouldn't mention anything as long as she's in a relationship; it would just make things messy! I think you should leave things for now. Wait until this 'relationship' of hers is over, give it some time, and then try and see how she feels towards you.

This is a really sweet post. I think it is best if you don't tell her anything while she is in a relationship. When she is out of a relationship and she's over the last person she was with, consider telling her. If you do tell her just tell her fromt he heart. I think everything you've written above you should let her know about how it makes you feel inside. I wish she feels the same for you but it's a chance you have to take. Remember you are 18 and college is the next stage in life. You might find someone you care about in college. If you feel like you're going to burst insdie if you don't tell her then go ahead, just do it when she is single... not in a relationship. Good luck hun.

• Author

Thanks guys.!

I think I'm gonna keep it to me.!

I've done this with other girls before whom I didn't have the courage to ask.!

Ain't gonna be new to me! :p