Stood up by a friend

I called someone and was going to causally hang out or go to coffee. I told them I have to get home and take a shower (I take the bus, so this takes a while). I call them back after an hour (he knows how long this takes) and he says he is going to a concert instead. I get ask him if this is the way he treats all his friends, because he hurt my feelings. Am I being unreasonable?

Edited by hART
whichwayisup
I called someone and was going to causally hang out or go to coffee. I told them I have to get home and take a shower (I take the bus, so this takes a while). I call them back after an hour (he knows how long this takes) and he says he is going to a concert instead. I get ask him if this is the way he treats all his friends, because he hurt my feelings. Am I being unreasonable?

His plans changed. You say you two were going to 'casually' hang out, and he noted that, I guess.

he should have called you and let you know his plans changed and not waited until you called him. That's not very nice.

Are you liking this guy more than a friend? I can see it hurting your feelings if you are into him..If it was someone else, would you still feel hurt? Or would you be more angry/irritated? I wouldn't ask him if this is how he treats all his other friends. You might not like his reaction.

• Author

Yes, he is my ex. He has done this sort of thing to me twice now post breakup, so I was avoiding making any plans with him. I was trying to forget about him, but he left me a really nice note and I decided I wanted to see him again. Then he hurt me again, arg. I suck at love I guess.

I wouldnt say you suck at love. Pretty odd statement to make. Instead I think you took a risk, entrusted that person to maintain the agreement to meet, yet instead that person bagged out. If for nothing else, I can say its natural to be disappointed and feel a wee bit hurt. Its your feelings....