im really upset,ticket stub could of got stollen

Patty

I just went through the stuff I bought and cant find my ticket stub anywhere.I was carrying so much stuff yesterday,that it could of fell on the ground.Whenever my friend finds stuff on the ground she keeps it.She probably has it.And she got to keep hers.Now I got nothing.I like to keep these things for memories.When I got autographs back in 1997 at a Foo Fighters concert,I noticed 2 autographs were missing.And I still have not found them.Me and my friend got autographs that year but she got her own autographs.Im real mad,I cant keep anything,it seems.

Patty

• Author

I just found it,so that was a relief!It was in between my money.I got nervous for a minute. But still,she got to keep the part of the stub that said Locabazooka,the date and time the show started.Im a little mad that the part of the stub,I got to keep didnt have that.Her stub is better then mine.All mine says is "admit one".I dont think thats fair that she got to keep the best half of the ticket stub.Since I bought the tickets,I should have the better half of the stub but now I'm sure shes going to think its all for her.I'm still kind of mad about it.I wish there was some way I could have that half.Its not fair,she didnt even pay for it but yet,gets to keep the best part of the stub.

Patty

• Author

I just talked to her on the phone saying,Im a little mad,that you get to keep the better half of the ticket stub.And I payed for the tickets and she cant even offer to give hers to me? After I told her shes like "I got mine"Plus I paid for the camera too.Its not fair.I dont understand how someone can be so selfish,not only that she called me to tell me to mail her the pictures cause she wouldnt be here this weekend now she called me up saying she would be here and demanded to still have her pics mailed to her, even though she will see the pictures sooner then she would get them mailed to her.Ive been way then more generous, and its to bad she cant see the things I do for her.Maybe I shouldnt even of mailed her the pictures.I kept telling her,I paid for the tickets but she wouldnt offer me to trade,considering I paid for everything.She was just happy that she gets to keep hers.

Patty

• Author

She just called and I stuck up for myself and said it wasnt right and now she doesnt want to see me.Thats ok,I dont need friends like that anyway.

Patty

Patty,

No offense or anything, but is it really worth getting so upset over a ticket stub?? But from a different perspective, if a ticket stub is the worst of your worries, then more power to you. I wish my life was that simple! :)

PS-- The #1 lesson to learn from this experience is that that girl is NOT your friend. At least you know that now.

• Author
No offense or anything, but is it really worth getting so upset over a ticket stub??

Yes, I have the right to be upset,I paid for that and its officially mine.Not hers to keep.It belongs to me.Not her.Even Judge Judy,will tell her that.I do have the right to have it cause its officially mine.And she knows,herself I should have it.Its not so much about the ticket itself,what upsets me is, I did all these nice things for her,she can at least pay me back by giving me back my ticket stub.I dont think Im asking much, after all the things I did for her,just to have back my ticket stub back.I didnt ask her to pay me back the 42 dollars that I paid for her ticket,I took all the pictures and got doubles,I didnt ask her, to pay me for that.I bought the camera,it was her idea and I didnt ask her to pay me for the camera.I think the least she could do is give it back to me.Im real upset cause I dont think its right.

Patty

The issue here isn't the ticket stub then, but the way your "friend" is treating you. Just wanted to clarify that.

• Author
The issue here isn't the ticket stub then, but the way your "friend" is treating you. Just wanted to clarify that.

Exactly.

Patty

Originally posted by Leikela

Is it really worth getting so upset over a ticket stub??

^^^Well, when I lose my pencil I get quite perturbed.. teeehheeee :mad: . :confused: ... Seriously..

Patty:: Any luck with your ticket stub.. or this friend of yours to tell you the TRUTH.. yet??

Good Luck.!!

• Author
Patty:: Any luck with your ticket stub.. or this friend of yours to tell you the TRUTH.. yet??

Good Luck.!!

Thanks Heidi.I dont think I'll get back my ticket stub cause she wants to keep it.Im real upset cause I dont have it to keep for a memory.I think I have a right to have it back though since I was nice enough to pay for the tickets and everything else that she asked for.I kept telling her,I should get it back and all she says is" I have mine" Its not even hers! I bought those tickets to begin with,so its officially mine.Shes to selfish to pay me back something little,like a ticket stub after everything I did for her.Im really depressed and I hope she doesnt get the pictures that I mailed her.Im hoping I put the wrong postage on it.And if she doesnt get them,she will see how I feel about not having the ticket stub.

Patty

• Author

She called the other day and said she got the pictures.Im really mad cause she uses me to get whatever she wants and she didnt come over this weekend to see me,cause I wouldnt let her use me.

Tony could you please reply and tell me what you think? I do like hearing your replies too.

Thanks.

Patty

I guess I see things differently here.

I've gathered from your post that you bought the tickets, so in other words, you bought your friend's ticket. If someone bought me a ticket, of their own free will (I'm assuming you offered to buy her ticket, she didn't force you to do so), then in my mind, that ticket would be MY possession, to do with as I please.

I'm sure your friend wants the stub for the same reasons that you do, can you blame her? She likely thinks it's pretty petty of you to be making such a big stink over it, too, to the point that you're willing to end the friendship.

You have the memories of the concert that will be with you forever. Isn't that what really matters?..not some piece of paper.

There's also the issue of not being greedy and selfish and being able to share.

In the future, if you want to go to a concert with a friend, either don't pay for their ticket, or tell them up front that you want their stub back, for your collection.

Sorry but it all sounds pretty petty to me.

Whoever gets these stubs will put them in a drawer and lose them. In a few years, this group won't even be around and they won't have made history either. All this will be totally meaningless. Now, a Beatles concert ticket stub might be worth fighting over...but the Foo Fighters. Give me a break!

Fooey on them. I think you both are acting like children. Take the ticket stubs to a nearby orphanage or children's home and bring joy to a homeless child who would really appreciate them. Crap you stuff in a drawer somewhere brings no happiness to anybody. It's just like stuffing stuff in your stomach and then having to work like hell to get rid of the extra weight.

Live life as lightly as possible.

• Author

Tony she is putting it in her photo album for memories.She is not going to loose it.

Foo Fighters? Where on earth did I mention Foo Fighters in my post?

Tony cant you see my point? I bought everything she asked for.Can you really blame me?

Patty

You mention Foo Fighters in your original post....so just what were the ticket stubs for? And what the big deal if she puts them in her memory book. I'm sure whenever you want to look at them you can. The point is that when you buy things for other people and give to them, it becomes their property...plain and simple. If you want to keep possession of something, don't give it to anybody. If you wanted all these stubs, you should have used them all yourself and gone to the event all alone. The moment you gave a ticket to somebody else, the event became their memory as well as yours.

Patty, why do you have to always keep yourself worked up about something. It's Sunday. Why don't you just chill today and enjoy the fact that we're all alive.

Not one person buried at the local cemetary is concerned about ticket stubs or anything else...and they can't enjoy a wonderful day either. In tribute to the dead, let's drop the small stuff and celebrate life!!!!

• Author

Im really sorry Tony.Maybe I shouldnt of come here to ask about in the first place.All I can say is sorry for bringing it up.Next time I'll know not too.Was just looking for comfort cause I was real depressed thats all.But next time I'll just let everything build up in me instead of talking about it.I felt like I did the wrong thing.

Sorry but it all sounds pretty petty to me

Whatever.

Patty

Patty

I like to keep souvenirs, too. I figure when I'm old and drooling in a rocker at the home, I can look back at them and maybe remember all the good times; the souvenirs will help remind me if my memory's failing.

It sounds like your friend took advantage of you with you paying for everything; maybe you shouldn't do that next time. Pay for only your stuff and then you can keep whatever you get.

A good thing to do when stuff like this happens is to not think of the thing you don't have but all the things you do have. You have the newspaper story and you even have photos of you getting a hug!!! Those are pretty amazing souvenirs to you have, don't you think? If I were you, I'd be very happy about having those and I wouldn't bother another minute about the stub.

definitely hang in there, patty.

i think you came here to get reinforcement for standing up to a friend who refused to acknowledge your priorities - something i have seen many, many, of the regulars here do. so, in terms of your friend, as with your boss, good for you for standing up for yourself, it's a very hard thing for very nice people to do.

in terms of the forum, don't sweat it. find it vaguely funny when people don't get you and think about all the petty things they must get upset about. i would chew off a friend's hand, for example, if he tried to get any first edition from me at a book signing.

no one here is any better than you are and you finally get to be the one to approve of yourself. there is no shame in needing other people; but if they prove unsympathetic when you know you have a valid point - f*** 'em.

you have done nothing wrong, you just disagree, and that's a normal part of everyday life.

cheers j

• Author

Wow,thanks,moimme and jenny for your understanding.All this time I thought,I was wrong.

I keep thinking to myself, it was a worthless piece of paper and it was a stupid ticket stub, cause of what someone told me.At least you two, respect my opinion.Im glad you two dont think of it like that.At least you two can see things from my side.Im real upset,cause I thought I was wrong for wanting it back ,but at least you two understand.

Patty

Hang around long enough and you get to hear what you want. That's the great thing about a message board that has lots of visitors. I very much understand your feelings in this matter but I also think you ought to love yourself enough not to let yourself get so upset about these matters. Patty, I feel so bad because you're constantly upset about something. While I understand just how important these ticket stubs were to you, I just think you ought to manage your feelings better so you prioritize the significance of the things you choose to get all wound up about. That's all. Meanwhile, I totally understand and support you in your upsettedness.

• Author
Hang around long enough and you get to hear what you want. That's the great thing about a message board that has lots of visitors. I very much understand your feelings in this matter but I also think you ought to love yourself enough not to let yourself get so upset about these matters. Patty, I feel so bad because you're constantly upset about something. While I understand just how important these ticket stubs were to you, I just think you ought to manage your feelings better so you prioritize the significance of the things you choose to get all wound up about. That's all. Meanwhile, I totally understand and support you in your upsettedness.

Awwwwww, thats very nice. Thanks for understanding,Tony. Read my poem called "if I could do one thing" and let me know what you think.:) I really like poetry.

Patty

Sometimes people have a hard time watching people go through difficult things, Patty. It is very hard to change how you react to things but you can try. When bad things happen, try to think of the good things in your life. That can help take the upset away.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that girl is your friend she seems to take advatage of you and who cares about the ticket stub next time go with out her and keep the ticket stub dont include her at all