A close friendship at risk?

Your Favourite Smile

Your Favourite Smile

Ive no idea how to make this clear to read.. but ill try my best :)

Ive a close friend ive known for a very long time, since secondary school? and im now in university if this gives a rough idea of my age.

My friend has revealed that she is bisexual, and this was revealed about 6 months back.. she had been fearing telling everyone and i tried to make her feel as relaxed about it as possible.

So no issues.. me and her are very good friends after all.

But then.. recently it was revealed that she is 'interested' in me and has been for quite some time now. Im not sure how to take this at all.. it makes me feel helpless and almost under pressure.

She has let it be known to me now, and i had to say to her in the nicest way possible that she would be disappointed in the end..

I know this will upset her no doubt.. but i cant help but feel as though this is some sort of crush of hers which she doesnt know how to translate.. she hasnt had any experience with other girls as it is. It appears to me that she has misinterpreted our close friendship for something more perhaps?

Three more important pieces of information- Im female, im straight and mostly clear on my sexuality, and she is currently in a relationship with someone who she has been dating on and off for years.

This seems so unrealistic..

And yet it worries me how she would be willing to risk the friendship for this connection she feels with me- and her current relationship!

I dont know how this situation can be resolved really, because i dont want to be losing a good friend!