LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Lent friend money

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 1st April 2011, 4:04 PM   #91
Established Member

I know this has been running for sometime now, (got to be a record!)

But I thought I would update you with another positive note.

I got another 60 from her today. Thats 100 in two weeks. Looking good I think. I am glad I stuck with this and hung on to my hope because it seems to have paid off.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 4:27 PM   #92
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I know this has been running for sometime now, (got to be a record!)

But I thought I would update you with another positive note.

I got another 60 from her today. Thats 100 in two weeks. Looking good I think. I am glad I stuck with this and hung on to my hope because it seems to have paid off.
An xGF of my son's finally paid him the amount owed. I think she just wanted to be part of his life again.

Whatever .. any way you can get the debt paid ..
desertIslandCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 4:31 PM   #93
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
OP, happy to read that you're being repaid. A friendly reminder: No more generosity down this hole, OK?
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 4:54 PM   #94
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carhill View Post
OP, happy to read that you're being repaid. A friendly reminder: No more generosity down this hole, OK?
Yes chief.
Old 18th April 2011, 5:39 PM   #95
Established Member

Another 30 last week. That's 130. I am a bit suspicious though, she's been very nice to me, we've been talking on the phone almost everyday for the last few weeks, she's told me a lot about her life again, this seems odd to me, I am trying so hard not to get sucked into life again, I got way to close last time. She even hugged me and kissed me on the cheek in a public carpark, whats that about?
Old 18th April 2011, 5:50 PM   #96
Established Member

She's buttering you up, being nice and slowly paying you back, so sometime in the near future she can hit you up again for money. SHe's being nicey nice so you won't say no.

Interesting how she's talking about HER life and what's going on. Is she at all interested in YOUR life and what's going on with you? Seems pretty one sided if you ask me.

Don't forget the way she's treated you in the past. Shield your heart and don't be fooled by her.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 6:50 PM   #97
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Also, refresh my memory...Does she use drugs or is she mentally ill, like bi-polar? I've seen similar apparently inexplicable behaviors during the manic phase. The disconnect is the obvious affection versus the self-involved perspective. Misappropriated sexual power. Textbook, IME, at least with the bi-polar females I know personally.

Keep collecting and ignore actions/words which don't effect payment in full.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 12:16 AM   #98
Established Member

Quote:
Another 30 last week. That's 130. I am a bit suspicious though, she's been very nice to me, we've been talking on the phone almost everyday for the last few weeks, she's told me a lot about her life again, this seems odd to me, I am trying so hard not to get sucked into life again, I got way to close last time. She even hugged me and kissed me on the cheek in a public carpark, whats that about?
My son's GF paid him what she owed him .. and even two others he insisted she repay - because she wants to get back into his life again.

I'd tell you what I told him: Be decent to her - but Don't get sucked in again. Some people just drain you. This one's a user. Lived in his home, and also brought her mother and daughter in to live from time to time.

Know that some women are just looking for someone to live off of, and are incapable of living a single life on their own.
desertIslandCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 6:41 AM   #99
Established Member

No she isn't a drug user anymore, although she was several years ago. To be fair she is talking about my life as well as her's.

We have talked about things from "our friendship" that happened years ago.

She also mentioned the time when I was quite unwell and she said that at that time she thought I was going to kill myself. She had never told me that before. She has also told me stuff that happened to her many years ago, stuf she has never told me before.

I have recently moved out of my parents and got my own flat, she said she was pleased for me and asked me all about it, I joked about her coming around to cook for me and she said she would. Even when I said it was a joke she still said she would.

How can I stop myself from getting close to her while she is still paying me money? I dont want to be rude and I try not to fall into conversation with her but she is such a chatterbox.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:30 PM   #100
Established Member

You really don't know for sure if she still uses or not. She may tell you she doesn't but that may or may not be the truth.

Stop flirting with her. Get your money that she owes you and then back off. She is not trustworthy! Remember how she's treated you in the recent past? Friends, real friends, don't treat their friends like crap.

Don't go looking for her to be a buddy or a friend. If you pursue this, I'm betting that she'll ask you for money again, on loan.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 9:40 PM   #101

hye
If they are physically unable to pay back right now. Look what the person is going through. Its easy to understand that they are going through a rough time. He also offered to help her.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:23 PM   #102
Established Member

Quote:
How can I stop myself from getting close to her while she is still paying me money? I dont want to be rude and I try not to fall into conversation with her but she is such a chatterbox.
You have to want NOT to get close to her again. Be honest with yourself - you are happier about her talking to you again than you are about the money. I doubt the money even really matters to you now that she is easing you back in. Not trying to be mean - but there is no 'nice' way to say it: she knows how to play you, and she is doing so with relative ease. Sadly, you are letting her.