Should I contact an old best friend?

Kirbiebella

Me and lets say Lucy were best friends for 5 yrs or more. When we were in high school she started dating this guy. She stopped hanging out with me outside of school. Although at that point we still considered each other best friends, because we still hung out in school and in our extra curricular activity that was everyday and some weekends. We had a falling out my senior yr. that was my fault and about her bf, and our relationship became a casual friendship. It slowly got better throughout the school year. Once i graduated (she was a yr younger) we talked via text a few times but since her bf did not like me, i don't think she was very receptive to me. Although since then we have not really spoken except for on birthdays, our moms still keep in touch so i feel a connection to her. It has been about 2 yrs since my graduation. I recently heard that her and her bf broke up. I really want to reach out to her and contact her but i just don't know if that would be a good idea especially since i heard about the break up though a friend not from her or her mom directly. What should i do?

Not the love ace

There's nothing wrong with reaching out. Just don't put too much effort if she's not going to. Contact her, see how everything is, catch up on some stuff. I don't see anything wrong with it.

don't mention the break-up, just tell her you've been thinking about her lately and wanted to say hello. If she's receptive, maybe y'all can pick up the relationship from before the point things started getting squirrelly.

mind you, there's a 50 percent chance she's not interested in renewing a friendship ... and there's a 100 percent chance that it's not going to be exactly the same because your separate experiences. Hopefully, you two will have missed each other enough that you will take up where you left off, even better than before. Good luck!