how to not get jealous!

This summer, me and a friend of mine had similar jobs. As a result, he's publishing an article. I'm not. I'm so jealous! There's a possibility for me of having two articles getting published within half a year, and I'm keeping the job in the fall whereas I don't know if he will - so reasonably, he didn't do SO much better than I did. BUT I can't help comparing. Isn't this so wrong of me to do? WHy can't i just be happy for him & keep on working?

sigh,

-yes

2SidestoStories
WHy can't i just be happy for him & keep on working?

Indeed, why not? You say that the jobs were similar and not identical, correct? Healthy competition is fine and dandy, but letting jealousy affect your work is, without meaning to sound harsh, absurd!

You asked for advice though, I think, so perhaps what you could try is to redouble your efforts as far as your two articles. Focus the energy you'd otherwise be spending on being jealous into something positive and creative!

My thoughts. Good Luck!

• Author

I guess it sounded like my jealousy disrupts my work. Not at all! I am working as hard as before. I just wish i didn't feel jealous at all...

-yes

2SidestoStories

You're human. You cannot help the fact that you have emotions! Feelings are there whether we like it or not! (How true that rings for SOOOO many reasons!) But again, it is what we choose to do with those feelings that counts! :D Besides, I'll bet you're twice the worker he is anyway! <snickering>

• Author

true enough... so what if i have a competitive side - it makes me work harder!... thanks for your reply =)

-yes

hmm.......this is a toughie.....i think what would help me is to just accept their success. one cannot like something, but can be ok with it, if they can just accept it. i think you know you can handle her success if you can proudly say "good job" to her, but that takes big balls.

i think just focus on what you are doing, what your strengths are. i mean, sure she succeeds this way, but im sure you succeed in another way that she cant. sure its cliche, but its what would help me! hope it helps!

****, yes, you are great at giving advice....can he do that?