The other girlfriend

I don't know what to think about this....

I have a lot of really close guy friends, we have been friends for years and I am basically one of the guys to them. One of these friends has been dating this girl for about 7 months now, she is a great girl, he loves her a lot, and we get a long great. Over the last few months we have gotten to be pretty good friends and she has been confiding in me a lot. One thing that I have noticed a lot is that she is very insecure, because of past experiences. Based on things that she has said about other female friends, I think she may look at me as a threat. This is not the type of girl that I would want to double cross, her ex cheated on her, and she feed laxatives to the girl when she found out.

So the situation I really don't know what to think about is.... I went to her house with her the other day, when I walked in her step-father goes "Oh its (blank)'s other girlfriend!" And since that day other friends have told me that her parents have made comments about me being the other girlfriend.

Should I be worried? Should I confront her about it? Should I confront him about it?

how do you see her boyfriend? As a beloved friend, and ONLY a friend? If so, does his girlfriend know this?

maybe a heart to heart talk with her is in order, with you telling her what exactly your relationship with the guy is. If you only see him as a dear friend, but definitely not dating material, she will probably be grateful if you tell her that. I think that would go a long way in smoothing over any funny feelings she has about your relationship with her guy.

one of my dearest friends is a guy, and one of his ex-girlfriends recently admitted that she was very jealous of my relationship with him when we first met. But, when she realized that we were more like siblings than lover-like, she became comfortable with the idea of my being his friend.

• Author

Thanks quankanne!

I definitely only look at him as a friend or brother and I'm pretty sure she knows that, but after posting this I am realizing that there are some other things that have been said and done that could mean that its not as clear as I thought. I will have that heart to heart with her asap, before it gets out of hand!

if ya only his friends and not deeply emotionaly involved with him it shouldnt be a problem. If you and this guy act differently when ur alone together compared when some1 else is around, thats not "just friends". Infidelity goes beyond just sex, an emotional affair can hurt just as much and a phisical 1 and its even harder to fix. Go to google and search for "emotional affair" to see what it is.