Did I do this right?

Yesterday at work,I found out it was this girls last day.She is Indian and I found her very interesting,cause Indian Culture has always interested me.I did try talking to her alot at work.So yesterday I wanting to buy something for her,some nice things cause it was her last day.

Then I went over to her and told her I had something for her before she left.And she looks over at me and says "Why?" I said "cause I wanted to get you something!" And she kept saying Why?" I hope I didnt embarrass her.I bought her a card,address book,diary and a couple things for her hair.Did I over do it by buying that? I really didnt know what to get her but wanted her to have some little things to remember me by.

We exchanged addresses before she left and she told me she might come back to work there.I also gave her a hug and kiss before she left.We had our picture taken which I will add to my website when I get them developed.

But I wasnt sure how she was going to react and I even felt nervous telling her that I bought something for her.I really hope I didnt embarrass her in any way.

When should I write her a letter?Should I wait one week? I want to write to her but not sure what is a good time to write.I thought she was going back to India but the address she gave me was in N.H..

I really hope we will have a good friendship.I hope one of these days we can get together since she doesnt live far from me.I dont know how she will feel about that.I really hope we will become good friends.

Patty

Your friend may have not been used to people being so nice to her so she was somewhat suspicious. She will be better when she realizes you have no ulterior motives to your generosity.

Wait a week or so and write her a short letter. That would be nice.

When you give things to people, don't worry about their reaction. Don't give to get a reaction. Give for the joy of it. If they freak out, that's their problem. Poop on them!

• Author

Im planning on writing a letter to this girl that left my work at the end of the week and need ideas on what to write.Only thing is Im clueless what to write.Shes Indian.What are some things I can ask her? I just dont know where to start in writing this letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Patty

Dear Patty:

If you want to write somebody, yet you have to ask others what to write, I don't think you should write more than a one-sentence hello. Tell her what you've been doing and that you miss her.

In the weeks and months ahead, your lives will be further and further apart and there will be even less to write about. She won't be at all interested in what's going on a McDonalds and you won't be at all interested in what's going on where she is.

Keep this in mind, keep your letters brief and don't get upset if you don't get a response. Some people like to leave the past behind them and move ahead. You are a bit more sensitive and would like to keep up contact.

You are better off spending your energy making new friends and strengthening the friendships you have right there were you are.

• Author

I understand what your saying.She did tell me she might be coming back to work though.

I do care about what she is doing,thats why I want to write.I think our friendship could grow even stronger from us being apart.Do you think that can happen,Tony? I just want to keep thinking that she will be back.Cause she said she might.

I think we both will be able to have stuff to talk about since we arent together.

I really hope our lives dont get further apart.Im just going to keep thinking I'll see her again so I dont get depressed.

Patty