Lost friendship?

So here’s my situation. Me and this girl were basically best friends from the day we met in elementary school until the day we graduated from high school. We had some contact after graduation but friendships do fade and people drift. Before I knew it we weren’t talking and I guess I was okay with that. Fast-forward a few years later to present and I’m going through an old sim card and find an odd text and realize who it was to, yep the old friend. So I decide to text her not knowing if she would have the same number or not. So I text her on my internet connection number and see what happens. I don’t have a chance to check my messages till later the next day. She had responded and I told her who I was and that. Her answers were short. Finally I tell her that I’ll give her my cell number and if she wants to keep in contact she can text me or whatever. I send the message and no response. I’m hurt and sad about that. I realize that we probably lost touch because of me and maybe she’s just not interested in reestablishing contact. We use to be close and had so much fun. I just wanted to maybe regain our friendship? Should I just leave her silence as the answer or should I try to apologize and say no hard feelings and get some closure? It's been a week since I sent the message. Please any suggestions! Thanks.

It appears she might be caught off guard because you two haven't talked in so long. Maybe one more text just to tell her you are interested in reconnecting. If she doesn't answer, then that's your cue to just leave her be.