She is a manipulative little...

xpaperxcutx

B-. I can't believe that I trusted one of my best friends and yet instead of being a friend, she practically stole all my other friends away.

I've known her since 8th grade, and we've been good friends for 5 years. However, it seemed that lately, after introducing her to new friends I meet, she steals them away from me and turn them against me. I had a good guy friend whom she started blabbing to about stuff about me that weren't true and he basically called me a manipulative person. Then there was a guy I liked ( and whom I told her about) and now she's flirting with him incessantly.

She's being selfish while I tried being nice. I confided to her all my secrets yet she seems to like to use my feelings and emotions against me. I don't know what her problem is but she's called me a liar so many times when I haven't ever lied to her. I'm considering breaking things off with her.

Honey, get rid of this hurtful person. She's being inconsiderate and cruel, don't associate yourself with such people. You don't deserve such bitchy behavior she's displaying. <3

B-. I can't believe that I trusted one of my best friends and yet instead of being a friend, she practically stole all my other friends away.

I've known her since 8th grade, and we've been good friends for 5 years. However, it seemed that lately, after introducing her to new friends I meet, she steals them away from me and turn them against me. I had a good guy friend whom she started blabbing to about stuff about me that weren't true and he basically called me a manipulative person. Then there was a guy I liked ( and whom I told her about) and now she's flirting with him incessantly.

She's being selfish while I tried being nice. I confided to her all my secrets yet she seems to like to use my feelings and emotions against me. I don't know what her problem is but she's called me a liar so many times when I haven't ever lied to her. I'm considering breaking things off with her.

Her actions prove that she fits the true meaning of a manipulative person. I'm very sorry, you have been hurt like this. And you know what? You are better off without a person like this in your life. If I were you, I would just have not a thing to do with her from this point forward. Best wishes.

Mea:)

• Author

I didn't realize that she was so emotionally manipulative until I introduced her to the guy I like(d). She kept telling me she was going to protect me and be a friend, yet her actions spoke otherwise when she relentless flirted with the guy in front of me.

I feel so hurt that after 5 years of ups and downs and facing problems together, she would change all of sudden.

I'd say it's long past time to cut your ties to her.

I'd also like to recommend that you don't trash-talk her to anyone else that you both know----even though she's doing the same thing to you.

People will eventually figure out that she's a malicious gossip, and you will look better if you don't say anything denigrating.

Your young and you will learn as you get older, who your real friends are.

If you've managed to have the same circle of friends, 5, 10, 15 years down the line...Then you've both done something right.

I know I have :) and for that I am very fortunate.

Other friendships, weren't really friendships and thus are no longer a part of my life (and vice versa).

Actually if I were you OP I would NOT dump this particular friend.

Unfortunately as you travel on in life you will find that people like this friend are more the norm than the exception: duplicitous, manipulative, self-serving back stabbers. Lotsa them. And most of the time you'll never ever know if a "friend" is one of them until the going gets tough.

So, what you should do is keep this one in your circle of friends, but learn how to "handle" her a little better. I.e. deal with her in a way in which you don't let yourself get taken advantage of, but in a political way in which you don't let on to her that you actually know what's she's really all about.

Keep your eyes open.

• Author

Or at least her actions says she wouldn't be one to say no. I try to stomach the fact that she's friendly with everyone yet when it comes to " him" she's flirtatiously to the point where I want to puke.

I can't take it. I feel like she's backstabbing me over and over again. I see her and him together in bed and I just want to run. She knew how I felt but she doesn't give an f-.

Why is she doing this?

• Author
Actually if I were you OP I would NOT dump this particular friend.

Unfortunately as you travel on in life you will find that people like this friend are more the norm than the exception: duplicitous, manipulative, self-serving back stabbers. Lotsa them. And most of the time you'll never ever know if a "friend" is one of them until the going gets tough.

So, what you should do is keep this one in your circle of friends, but learn how to "handle" her a little better. I.e. deal with her in a way in which you don't let yourself get taken advantage of, but in a political way in which you don't let on to her that you actually know what's she's really all about.

Keep your eyes open.

I'm already doing that. She thinks I trust her but I'm already closing myself off to her.

I can understand the emotional struggle over whether to break things off or not if this had been a romantic relationship... but a friend? What reason do you have to keep such a person around you? Why not just tell her everything to her face and then ignore her? Do you have too many mutual friends, perhaps?

• Author
I can understand the emotional struggle over whether to break things off or not if this had been a romantic relationship... but a friend? What reason do you have to keep such a person around you? Why not just tell her everything to her face and then ignore her? Do you have too many mutual friends, perhaps?

I introduced her to all the people I hung out with. And she got a friend mad at me. So basically, the two main groups of people I hang out with, the first one is not talking to me, and the second, she's flirting with the guy that I no long want to associate myself with them.

PS if I confront I'm afraid she's going to use alot of what I told her personally against me. I trusted her, but in front of all my friends she blabs about my secrets.

Edited by xpaperxcutx

Take the high road and slowly distance yourself from her. Confronting her will probably not help in this case because it would be her and your friends against you. Do your own thing and when you get to college, work, etc. you will meet more mature people than her. For your friends to take her side is not right either. I know this may be extremely difficult, but try to act like this is not bothering you- like she is not bothering you. If you don't show emotion, then she will grow tired and find a new "target" to pick on. You sound like such a sweet and caring person who deserves better friends. Good luck!

They will see her for who she is eventually. Just distance yourself from her and be patient. Wait for them to find out. They should have been willing to come to you and have a heart to heart, anyway.