Ex-capades

mustangsally

Sorry to post this in two forums. I'm just not sure where it goes and where I should put it.

Anyway...my ex and I broke up about a year ago because I was having issues with depression and so was he. It was a bad time to be together so we parted ways. He eventually moved out of the city and by the time he returned, I had left to go live abroad. I never really planned to come back.

During the time we were broken up, a friend of mine died and I mistakenly leaned on my ex who was very cold to me about it. He says he was protecting his own feelings about me, but at the same time, it came off as very callous. He would try to contact me a lot, and I would sort of ignore him until I finally cut him off without explanation because I was so angry (tied to lots of grief and anger over a young person dying, yadda yadda).

I finally got really happy and decided it was really uncalled for to do that to my ex, so I wrote him a big note apologizing. He suggested we talk on the phone, so we did. It was great, nice and everything. I was visiting the city and unexpectedly planning on moving back. So he wanted to get together. Unfortunately, I got sick and couldn't visit, so we planned to get together when I moved.

Now that I'm moving, I feel like I've opened up this whole new portal. I have so many mixed feelings about him and am nervous about seeing him. I was seeing someone else for a while, but that's over. I'm not sure I want to be friends with him or not because now it feels like I have to chase him down to contact him. I'll text him and he won't respond (like once or twice) or I'll IM him and he'll respond with something like "Sorry I didn't text, it was really cold outside." or something bullsh*tty.

I feel like life was better when he was cut off, but I also don't want to treat others badly. Should I just tell him I can't have someone in my life that's going to be a flake, especially someone who has so much "power" over me? Or do I meet him like we planned? Or should I just ask him outright if he wants to meet me? It's like he has to be in control of the situation because I make him vulnerable or something. At one point, we were talking about getting married, so it's just sh*tty to treat someone like this.

• 4 weeks later...

See thing is that distance is creating problem between you n ur ex coomunication.Untill u dont meet person to person you wont understand.Secondly u r too much messed up right now.See your ex also got hurt so he was being rude to you at that point, But due to some circumstance you ppl r unable to meet.I would suggest meet him like you had planned n if it fails try again.Since so much things were goin of u r confused .Once u meet him as a person just like nothin happened b4 n Refresh everything. Then u will b able to decide whether u want to continue with ur ex or not.First relax n see how things r moving once u meet him. And ask him reasons why he wouldnt reply back just casually.. Relax its distance creating disturbance n dont bcome vurnerable i know its attraction but think wisely b4 taking decision.