Should I apologize?

annxxdisaster

annxxdisaster

How was everyone's New Years?

Mine was pretty decent, I got a little too drunk and made some very stupid, albeit age appropriate mistakes (I am a young 20 year old female, soon to be 21 and make plenty more mistakes), all in all it was fun.

Ahem. Let me set the stage.

I live about 3 hours away from my hometown where I attend college. For winter break I usually come home for two weeks or so to catch up with everyone since I really never get the chance to any other time in the year. Funny enough a LDR with a boy from my hometown ended a few weeks before coming home (that is another tale all in itself that reveals how immature people my age, including myself, still really are...it embarrasses me a little bit).

Anyway! I went to a party on NYE with a friend who I knew has a crush on me. The boy that I had the LDR with was also a friend of this friend, and when he knew that we were dating he would randomly insult me or be rude on purpose for whatever reason. I have never led this guy on into thinking I was interested in him and I never really was great friends with him to begin with.

I knew he really wanted to date me, but especially since I was going through a break up I made it very, very clear to him that I had no intentions of dating him or anybody for a while. I'm done with boys for how ever long it takes for me to get over the BS of young, inexperienced relationships. It seemed like he was okay with being just my friend and we hung out a few times by some friends before this NYE party.

When we were at the NYE party, he was stationed in the living room watching TV. I had stayed there for a good amount of time being the loud drunk girl that made jokes she thought were really ****ing clever, but I also traveled around the house. Before I knew it, the friend I came with was leaving (and it was pretty sudden, I caught him walking out the door and made a face at him) and he asked me if I wanted to go. I said no, I was having fun.

Biggest mistake of the night, I thought it was a good idea to crash in a house filled with mostly drunk boys. Mistake two, I let some guy (whom I don't know, nor care to no) shove his hand down my pants and fiddle around down there. There was NO way that was invited touching, at first I didn't understand what the hell was going on, then... I hoped if I just sat there ignoring it that the guy would get the picture and stop. That was mistake three because he then forced my hand onto his junk and proceeded to beg for oral. Finally, I got some sense into me and told him no and pulled my hand away. The guy then got up, went to the bathroom, and left. I just passed out pretending like nothing happened.

The next morning, the friend I went to the party with came back over to the house and everyone who was still there went out to breakfast. I left finally around 11:00 am New Years Day. A few hours after being home I get a text from my friend saying, "omg i can't believe you did **** with that guy". I basically told him I didn't have to explain myself to him (mostly because I knew whatever I said to him would be repeated to the whole entire room and 800 more people) and that if he honestly thought of me like that then that was BS. Basically, the conversation between us ended with him saying he felt really stupid about bringing me there since I did that (implying that I went to the party with the sole purpose of hooking up) and how it hurt him.

I was upset at him then and was for a few days, but now I'm wondering if I should explain myself a little bit and apologize to him for that. If I put myself in his shoes, I'd feel like a horse's ass too and an apology may make me feel better.

Huff. Sorry, it's long, but I ask to hear your thoughts o' my fellow LS members.

Him being rude to you and insulting you just because you were in a relationship with someone else at the time was pretty ****ty. That aside, he may just be taking it badly because you told him you weren't interested in being with anybody then as far as he knows you fool around with some random guy at the party he brought you to, when you know hes interested in you. Honestly if i was that guy the last thing i would imagine happened based on your response to him would be, ironically, what actually happened.

Should you appologize to him? No, you didnt do anything wrong. Some guy felt you up without provocation and you told him to stop. Maybe just tell your friend what actually happened. Odds are once he knows what actually happened hes going to feel bad for being mad at you in the first place, and probably end up getting really angry at the random guy.

Nahhhhhhh I don't think you should appoligize to him either. It's probably just something stupid you did(as you said that ),and you feel bad because you probably don't usually act like that.and it's bothering you what you did.

Believe me hun I'm sure that we all did stupid things in our lives,and felt like an idiot ,I know I have,but time took care of that. Soon it won't bother you at all,and don't feel quilty.

You do NOT need to apologize to this guy. What for? For crushing a dream of his that you already made clear would never happen? Maybe he told those people at the party you were coming with him and maybe he exaggerated your status as his girl, who knows? What happened is you fooled around with some guy that WASNT him when he had designs on you. His ego is bruised, but it isnt your responsibility to offer him a band aid. Its your body, and who you allow to touch it is none of his friggin business. Period. You owe him nothing, he is acting like a territorial cave man, liked he pissed on you therefore other men should stay away. It doesnt work like that, and you should not coddle him for his brutish ways. Even if you went and slept with some random dude, that is YOUR business and no one else's, least of all some micromanaging wannabe who acts like a 5 year old. Your best bet would be to give this guy the finger once and for all. Why allow some toxic man to poison your mind???? He doesnt own you, never did, never will. If nothing else, this experience should be to clarify exactly what you DONT want in a man.