is it worth to call a "friendship"???

[sIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I am 26 female from a middle class family and my friend, he is 28 years. We are very good friends for last 5 years. We were both shared a lot of common interest. Throughout the years, our lives changed in many ways – through marriages, jobs, relocations, etc. when we first met it was as if you had met the other half of your soul. He was a person who was capable of listening to my thoughts, views and philosophies about life and he understood what I was saying. He never judged me or deserted me even if I was a little eccentric at times. He would also try to help and guide me when I was headed on a downward spiral…….last month he had several mishaps, like demise of his brother, breakup with his ex and so on….i am always helped him to get out of this terrible situations. And he was also very nice to me at these times. But last week, he asked me to send my nude picture, by saying that, that will help him to be happier. Iam really shocked after hearing that. And told him that’s adversely affect our friendship….but he insisted…and iam said nooooo…..afterthat he said, “ U have spoiled that friendship without any repair…this is the end of our friendship”….we have no contacts after that incident.[/FONT][/sIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3]Now I feel very depressed because that friendship means a lottt to me….is my act is justifiable?....or my friend’s? I still love him as my best friend….is that possible to rebuild our friendship as its earler???? or is it worth to call a "friendship" with such guy????? or better to leave????:confused:[/sIZE][/FONT]

If you two are friends, why does he need a nude picture of you?

There are lines in a friendship, not the ones that went from dating to friendship, that should not be crossed. He crossed that line and you held that line.

He is in a deep lull so forgive him on this one but if he does it again you will have to shut this one down.

given his history with you, it simply seems like he's going through a rough time. give him a chance to get over it and forgive him after it all dies down. he probably did it in the heat of the moment. however, if he keeps insisting, just dump him as he's just another horny jerk who doesn't respect your dignity.

tell me how it goes yeah! (: and if you need any advice on relationships do check out my blog at http://lecasanova.wordpress.com , cheers!

I'm a female also, and I'd like to share my perspective with you.

When i was your age, I had a handful of close male friends, guys who I had never dated, yet felt like I had a deep connection with.

I didn't date around very much, I was a serial monogamist..(one ltr to another ltr).

Wouldn't ya know, all but one of my male friends made moves on me, or droppped strong hints that they were looking for something more with me

as soon as I'd go through a breakup........(this all occurred piecemeal over the course of a decade, one here,........ one there)

So as it turned out, most of these "friends" were circling like hawks, waiting for the chance to swoop in.

It was a bitter pill to swallow, watching these friends fade out or hit the ground running as soon as I let them know that I wasn't interested in crossing that line. It made me feel that their friendship had been nothing more than a farce all along, that they'd only been waiting in the wings.

Now, many years later, I've become rather skeptical about opposite sex friendships. I still have a couple of close guy friends, but I'm much more

careful about my boundaries.......I don't discuss my lovelife with them, and I've made sure that their wives don't feel any discomfort with me.

Essentially, I'd never say anything to them that I wouldn't say if their wife

was sitting next to them.

I agree with the previous posters about giving your friend one more chance, though his asking for a nude pic was waaaaay over the line, IMO.

If he's genuinely apologetic, take him back, though I don't think it will ever be exactly the same for you again. That bell can't be unrung.

You should be proud of yourself. It shows that you demand respect and value your self worth. I wish more women would act that way. What he did was degrading and insulting. For him to suggest that you spoiled the friendship is ludicrous. From a guys perspective it seems like he is showing his true colors and his support was a ploy to get with you. I also have doubts about whether members of the opposite sex can truly be platonic friends. This guy has already crossed the line and I agree with the other poster who said that once the bell is rung it will never be the same. He really isn't your friend. He wants something more.

You definitely deserve an apology. Otherwise you should forget about this guy.

i would just let it go i am sure you guys are still really good friends. maybe he will come to his senses soon after all his mishaps and realize that was inappropriate to ask you.

• Author

Yesterday I got several missed calls from a new number. When I picked up, no response from the other side…..today I called in to that number, the voice was similar to a female……iam sure that’s none other than my friend…..because evry time he takes a number…….he wil take numbers matching with my number……iam confused why he is playing all theses to me…..i don’t know how to face him….after he reveals everything…is it possible to continue the same relation afterthat???