Friend is sick!

cutieh

I got a phone call from a female friend of mine she said that she was sick and she needed to go to the emergency room. She also said that she just got off the phone with one of our male friends and she told him that she was sick. She said he said something about the hospital and asked her if she heard from me. She told him that she was going to call me. That's when she called me and said that she was sick and needed to go to the emergency room. I said that I would take her.

Two minutes later there is a knock at my door. I open the door and it is our male friend the one that had just called my female friend on the phone. He was asking me if he could come into my house and spend some time with be before he goes to bed. I said sorry that I couldn't because I was taking our female friend to the hospital. He didn't seem worried at all. He just said that you should do that.

Why was our male friend coming over to my house if he knew that our female friend was sick and she needed to go to the hospital? Why didn't he offer to take her? Why was he trying to spend time with me at a emergency time like that if he knew she was sick? It just seems strange.