depressed and can unable to make friends

moosegreen

ya so latey iv just be spending time with what i thoght was the one for me...but thats not so...at all... not a big fan of her....anyway i stoped hang out with my buddys just to be with her and now that im not seeing her anymore im having a hard time hookin up with them and makin other friends...i just feel like iv got no one to call up on and hang out with....and im never called on to do stuff with...and its depressing to think about...and i dont ever think about stuped stuff like this...its just not who i am...can anyone relate and or gone throgh this???

I'm really not trying to hijack your post or anything (honestly!), but there's a few of us discussing this very thing in another thread and everyone seems to relate to the situation quite a lot, you're not alone! Also, some people made some interesting suggestions about how to meet people, mainly just putting yourself out there (sounds easy when you just type it, right?) and going along to groups and clubs that will include others who enjoy the same things as you. And there's some discussion about cutting yourself off (accidentally or deliberately) from friends to be with 'the one' (we've all done it, mate) and then having no friends when it ends.

Seriously, I know how you feel and it's difficult to keep your chin up and press on, there's no shame in admitting that sometimes it is depressing. It's only human to crave a little companionship, just like it's normal to want everyone to bugger off and leave you alone sometimes :) Please, feel free to come and join the thread (there, I invited you!), there's too much for me to cut and paste :) There are other people who understand what you're describing. It's called; How to make friends. I don't get it! (Because I don't!) It's up to you, but I think you'll be able to relate to a lot of it, I'm not just pumping my own thread, here!