A poll of sorts:re: common interests...

V.Vixen

One of my really good friends and I met because we played lacrosse together in high school. I'm actually going to be in his wedding this coming March.

Another good friend and I bonded in law school because we were into the same type of music. It was hard to find people to go to shows with after undergrad. so we clicked.

Now if only I could find someone that shared an interest in Formula 1...but alas I'm in Texas.

Now if only I could find someone that shared an interest in Formula 1...but alas I'm in Texas.

Did you LOVE how the teams with KERS couldn't get by Brawn...or Red Bull??? I thought it sucked, though, that Red Bull got their act together just one season too late for DC. And next season should be interesting when they go back to no refueling.

V.V, it is generally a better idea to just follow your own passions and interests, and meet like-minded people that way. Photography, golf, bird watching, line dancing, chess, tennis, tai chi, spiritual development, books, movies...whatever it is that inspires you and leaves you feeling exhilirated, join a club -- or start a group -- and go for it.

Did you LOVE how the teams with KERS couldn't get by Brawn...or Red Bull??? I thought it sucked, though, that Red Bull got their act together just one season too late for DC. And next season should be interesting when they go back to no refueling.

Well McLaren got it together in the second half of the season. Hamilton would have scored the most points in the second half of the season if he would not have thrown away a podium at Monza and had brake issues at Abu Dhabi if I'm not mistaken. BMW and Renault used the system sporadically and Ferrari I think just stopped developing their car. I believe many of the KERS teams gave up on the idea once they realized the difficulty involved in keeping the car balanced and had fewer options with regards to using ballast which impaired their cornering speeds.

I am pretty excited about the refueling ban and how that will impact races. I started watching in 2003 so lack of refueling will be new to me. I wish KERS was mandatory for next year but oh well.

What are your interests that you have bonded with people over, leading to friendships?

i help to run a dining out group thru meetup.com and i've met a lot of new people that way here in chicago. people love to go out to eat and try new places

i help to run a dining out group thru meetup.com

Yeah meetup.com actually has some cool stuff on it in Jersey and the NYC area (where OP lists as).

Do you mean really close friends, or more casual? Most of my close friends date back to high school or college, or I met them in the music scene I used to perform in. A couple through work.

Casual friends... taking no credit night classes that I'm interested in. Rock climbing (a very social sport).

More than anything, I think what has brought me my closest friends is a shared curiosity about life and similar open world-view. I make friends generally through activities like cycling, having similar interests in music, liking to go out to similar places