Miss my friend

Three months ago a friend of mine moved into my house after her roommate and her had a dispute and even though her and I had our differences and there were times I wanted to strangle her, she just moved out this past weekend after three months of living here and last night was her last night here and right now I'm trying to fight depression cause I miss having her around so much.

Granted, she is only 25 miles away but compared to having her near me for the past three months every night it seems like a million miles away.

We shared a bedroom and she had her stuff in my room and now I sit here at 1:15 AM in an empty room with nothing but my computer desk, night stand, entertainment center and my bed and I'm just about ready to break down and lose it.

I guess I never realized how attached I was to her and how much she meant to me, but right now I'm find out that I really did care about her and our friendship and it's killing me right now.

Today was the first day in three months I didn't want to come home from work because I knew she wouldn't be coming in moments later. I knew I was going to have to face the fact that she wasn't coming home.

I just wanted so badly to stay at work, I came home and just went to sleep right away not wanting to deal with it. But now I'm more than awake, and normally when she'd be right behind me on my other computer the room remains empty and quite without her laughter and her sweet voice.

Normally when I'd hear her typing away at the keyboard the only thing I now hear is the sound of my fan. It's lonely, I'm lost without her and I don't know how to deal with it.

She has no phone yet, no internet access and I just.. I don't know how to handle this. I'm just going to miss spending all the time her and I use to spend together, and I know her living with me wasn't a permanant thing but it was just so sudden and I just wasn't ready for it.

I was happy at first, to get my space back and stuff, but now that she's gone I'm in a state of depression. Any advice on how I can deal with this? i know she's just 25 miles away, but still it's just the thought of knowing she won't ever be coming "home" like use to.

Thanks

Wait two weeks. If you still feel the same way, or worse, print out a copy of your post above...get in your car...drive to her current residence...and read it to her.

Let her know how you feel, assuming she doesn't have a boyfriend. If she does, then just forget her.

This happens all the time. We take people around us for granted or we don't acknowledge our feelings for them until they are gone. Let this be a lesson to you. Live each day moment by moment, enjoying every single person and event you can to the max.

Don't go through life trying to stretch things out, either. If you start enjoying every single moment of your life and living it thoroughly and recognizing the value of every person and event, you will never regret anybody leaving or dying because you will have treated them well and given them their due value.

Now, back to your problem. Again, right now you're going through a little withdrawal. It's perfectly normal to miss people. But if after a few weeks you aren't back to somewhat normal, that means your feelings are pretty intense. You know, we generate those for ourselves so just be very sure of your feelings. If you honestly think you love this lady, go let her know...and use the very words you set down in your post (minus that part about wanting to strangle her sometimes) and go for it!!!

It sure sounds like you care for her a lot more than a friend.

ThisGirlNameKD

Wow! This has got to be one of the most touching posts I've ever read. Usually you hear so many stories about girls living together and not getting along (though I'm VERY sure there are women who can live together and get along)that it's touching to read of friends who part living together and feeling "friendsick".

You're feelings will eventually balance back out. I agree with Tony. You are going through withdrawal, it's just going to take sometime that's all. Take alittle comfort in knowing all is not totally lost..but your friend is just a few miles away. You're still friends, and you can still visit one another.

HokeyReligions

Do you have her address? Work address? Send her a cookie bouquet or some pretty spring flowers (nothing romantic) with a simple card telling her that the place is quiet without her and you miss her and enjoyed having her stay with you. Or just send her a nice friendship card. Call her at work on Monday and suggest getting together for lunch.

I sure would love to get something like that from a friend.