maybe i have a problem???

so growing up i always had a ton of friends. In general I was actually very sad about my life but i still spent alot of time with friends. I am sure if you asked most of them they would have considered me the funny goofy friend but i guess it was just an act to cover my depression. It sounds pathetic but I think alot of the effort i put into going out with my friends was because i was looking for my future spouse. Well now i am engaged and have moved away from most of my friends and my fiance is always accusing me of being antisocial. The thing is i just cant seem to find any friends that even come close to the friends i had when i was younger. Most of the people i meet either have children and cant go out much or they are just really immature. I am 25 by the way. Any ideas????

Hi Zoe.

Congrats on your engagement!

Perhaps where you're creating a problem for yourself is by comparing your potential new friends with your "tried, trusted and true" old friends. You're right that there is a special bond that exists between childhood friends, but friendships developed later on in life can be every bit as rewarding, fulfilling and supportive...*if* the mind and heart are open to that.

Kind of, focus on the opportunities that you DO have, and how you can add value to these potential new special people in your life. Nurture the old friendships, of course, but don't cling to them or let them keep you stuck back there.

Wishing you both a long and happy marriage...and a life full of mutually beneficial friendships :)