ex boyfriend

I dated someone for about 6 months.. things were great in the begining.. He was the cutest, most charming, most EVERYTHING I WANTED. But after some time he became reallly obsessive and controling and was always jealous.. i couldnt go outside without him wanting to know evereything.. we would always fight and it was always "my fault" according to him. i cried everyday i felt depressed and never wanted to go to school anymore to see him and my friends. Im jsut confused because i dont understand why i still miss him and love him.. and hes already made out with someone else so i hear.. and some days are better than others, but it feels hopeless that ill always miss him and think of him no matter who im with.. i know its just how i feel now but i have been feeling this way for about a month and a half now ( since we broke up)

Sometimes what can happen is that we end up missing the "fantasy person" and the "fantasy relationship", not the actual person and real relationship. If that makes sense?

It can still be difficult to overcome losing our "dream" -- the promise that was there for you at the beginning -- but at least it can be comforting to know that what you're missing is the "nice" part, not the abuser or the abuse.

Of course you didn't deserve to be treated like that. And of course there are REAL guys out there who are actually cute and charming, and what you want and deserve from a boyfriend.

I'm sorry that you got stung by this guy...but I'm glad that you're not in an abusive, soul and esteem-sucking relationship anymore.

Wishing you good healing, and many HAPPY and UPLIFTING relationships :)

You'reasian
I dated someone for about 6 months.. things were great in the begining.. He was the cutest, most charming, most EVERYTHING I WANTED. But after some time he became reallly obsessive and controling and was always jealous.. i couldnt go outside without him wanting to know evereything.. we would always fight and it was always "my fault" according to him. i cried everyday i felt depressed and never wanted to go to school anymore to see him and my friends. Im jsut confused because i dont understand why i still miss him and love him.. and hes already made out with someone else so i hear.. and some days are better than others, but it feels hopeless that ill always miss him and think of him no matter who im with.. i know its just how i feel now but i have been feeling this way for about a month and a half now ( since we broke up)

Time will heal everything. You'll be fine. You deserve the best and remember that.