Friends No More?

This fall, I will be entering my Junior year of college. I met this girl thru a friend, about the 1st week of freshman year. Hot chick, she had a bf at the time, and Im not a fan of drama, so I didn't pursue a relationship, we just become friends. It was cool.

We would meet for lunch, even dinner a lot. I took her out for her birthday even (like Feb 08). Her and I would go to each others dorms and hang out, eat ice cream and watch TV, a basketball game, whatever. It was a completely platonic relationship.

She broke up with her bf in like May of 08, and nothing changed. We still met for lunch/coffee/dinner, we studied together, it was cool. He was hardly discussed, actually.

Problem is, the last time her and I hung out, was November of 08. We met for dinner, I remember her giving me a big hug with a smile, then as she walked away, came back for another hug, and I thought everything was cool - we went our separate ways for the night.

Then, nothing. Anytime after that night, if I would ask her in person if she wanted to hang out, she said she was busy. Said she didn't have time for lunch, coffee, even a library date. Stopped replying to my texts and wall posts. Only thing I got was a greeting in passing.

Whats the deal? We were tight, and then all of a sudden its no more?

The ONLY thing I can think of, is at our last dinner, I mentioned casually that Girl X was a very good friend of mine. Turns out this girl doesn't think too highly of Girl X. But, even then, we moved past that, and the convo that night was fine - I got the couple hugs after.

So whats the deal?? She just doesn't wanna be friends anymore, wtf? My life isn't going to go into a tailspin, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss hanging out with her, she is a cool chick.

Truthfully, what I want to do, is next Sunday, give her a surprise visit at work, and bring her favorite coffee from Starbucks. If she responds well, then I guess things are OK, if she doesnt respond well, I think we know each other well enough that i just wanna ask her straight out whats up/whats the problem here/what happened to us.

Yeah i can kind of relate to how you feel. Friends can often be hot and cold and it never seems fair because it makes you wonder if you did something? But thats a good idea just drop in and see how she is. and you can ask her too, like i missed ya! has something been bothering you? maybe she has been busy? you never know for sure, sometimes stress comes along in life and just throws you of for a bit. But if she keeps doing this then i would distance yourself and let her come to you. friendships are a two way street its not fair for only person to always be making the plans and what not. I know its hard but if you didnt do anything then try not to sweat it. :)