What is up with my girl friend?

There is this girl friend of mine (let's call her Jill) who would only go to a party if only I was attending. The thing is, I've already introduced Jill to my friends so it's not like she'd be a complete stranger if she went there on her own, but it's almost guaranteed she won't go unless I am there.

I don't hang out with the same friends all the time, so I sometimes say "no I aint going" and she'd be like "why not?". If she wanted my company then you'd think she'd be with me during the party, but she doesn't. She also wants to leave when I leave, and I tell her, "Why? You guys can keep chatting."

I dated Jill long time ago, but we're only friends at this point. I don't believe this has to do anything with her behavior. I know her to be a bit of an insecure person, so perhaps that's the reason why.

Any other ideas regarding her behavior?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that that is the whole reason right there. That she is insecure. I myself don't go to parties if I don't have a guy friend there. For me its a need for security that only a guy can give me. I don't think that it has anything to do with you dating each other in the past, but it might. Maybe she doesn't want to do something that could cause you to look down on her. She obviously holds you in high regard. I've done the same thing many times. But I know lots of girls who do this. It's normal for a girl. The best way to get her to stop if that is what you really want is her getting a boyfriend, because then she'll start doing that with him, but you could probably say goodbye to your friendship if that happens. Hope that helps.